Last Film You Saw

I have no doubts people who rate a black and white Romanian film about orphans filmed with no sound will tell us all the ending was genius. Reality was it was shit. No doubt as a film it tried to be clever and quirky or something, but reality is that it was dross.
Like I said the premise was good, the ending looked like it could have been a nod to a sequel because nothing really happened, in fact not a lot happened throughout the film, I do realise Netflix have to keep pumping out films like this in order to keep or get subscribers, and the quality has been very poor of late (could be the writers strike) they seem they get one or two big names (Kevin Bacon was billed as staring in this but in reality his was only a cameo appearance) and blow the budget on them

I don't know who the director was but it seemed he was too clever for his own good it was a film for Netflix not some arthouse!

It could have been a great film or even the start of a mini series but alas it's a no from me

Killers of the flower moon 8/10.

What the fuck was that at the end? Scorcese trying to create some kind of sympathy for Di Caprio's character? Trying to throw in a little "redemption curve" in the character's narrative? Fucking ridiculous and white americans wonder why there's so much distrust for them.
I'd have prefered if the whole movie was a representation of one of those old radio dramatizations, i.e. start and end the movie with the radio studio narrator. To me it would have made more sense and would have tied in with how dark shit used to be glorified to the masses as entertainment - especially in those days (not that it isn't happening today but just in a different way).

I agree on the DiCaprio character being made out to be anything but a very evil scumbag.

Last night I finally watched The Texas Chain Saw Massacre

Oh, how I wanted this to be a genuine classic horror film. But after a promising start with the hitchhiker, there's an excruciatingly long scene of Franklin being a dick, then an excruciatingly long scene of Leatherface chasing Sally, then an excruciatingly long scene of Sally being abused by three men in the house. It goes on forever.

Did not get it at all. For the vast majority of the film we were just waiting for the villains to get up and do something.

I am sure that in the mid-70's it was a shocking film, but in the modern day it was just fucking tiring. Afterwards we watched that new Eddie Murphy film Candy Cane Lane, which isn't very good at all*, and yet if I had to watch one of those two again, I would be donning my Eddie Murphy Donkey ears from Shrek before you even finished the question.

*If you want an idea, all five of the main characters have Christmas-themed names - Chris, Carol, Joy, Nick and Holly - and yet this is treated like a plot twist.

What the fuck was that at the end? Scorcese trying to create some kind of sympathy for Di Caprio's character? Trying to throw in a little "redemption curve" in the character's narrative? Fucking ridiculous and white americans wonder why there's so much distrust for them.
Agreed really solid film up until that ending very strange

Personally I feel like Scorcese feels nothing but the deepest contempt for Di Caprio's character and all of his accomplices, just like he feels for Jordan Belfort in The Wolf of Wall Street. The characters themselves get off kind of lightly but I think that's more a reflection of how Scorcese feels about the justice system than anything else.

Burkhart deserves no sympathy at all, and IMO I don't think Scorcese was trying to generate any. To me his movies are more about how evil comes from familiar places.

I wouldn't be using something that happened so long ago to form a generalisation about white people today. In fact even then it wasn't all white people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.