League Cup Final 1976 (extended highlights)

I was 15 went on York coaches in chorlton ticket for the game £2.50 after the game Newcastle fans came on the coach and swapped scarves and hats brilliant

Great watching that again. I was just to the right of the tunnel so had a great view of Barnsey's goal - plus what felt like an age after Joe Royle's disallowed effort when Newcastle had a few decent chances to equalise. What a team we had then.

Lovely to read this thread. Went with my dad, aged 11. Coach from Withington library. Still got the tickets and programme. Made up for the Wolves final in 74 which he also took me to. Dads rule. CTID. IIRC, Peter Barnes got the Young player of the year award on the day later.

UnooO4c.jpg

Anyone else got one of these in their vinyl (younger BMers, ask your parents!) collection?

UnooO4c.jpg

Anyone else got one of these in their vinyl (younger BMers, ask your parents!) collection?
Yes, that one , the Wolves 74 one and the Spuds FA Cup Final one.
What was the Joe Royle goal disallowed for ? # agendayearsago

Never seen that before, Jim. Wish I had one : )
It's not that brilliant, really. Audio highlights, done by a bloke called Simon Smith, for a company called Quality Recordings Ltd. They seemed to do them for all the domestic finals around that time. It's a bit meh, to be honest. And the crowd effect mics seem to be a lot closer to the Geordies than to our fans! Still; novelty value more than anything else, really.

https://www.discogs.com/label/104276-Quality-Recordings-Ltd

Our one isn't on there.
:-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.