Leaving out Elano

Elano has been pretty poor of late, but being in and out of the team, and playing in positions that don't best suit him can't help. There's obviously been something that's happened between Hughes and Elano and, as long as Hughes is the manager, Elano won't be a first team regular. It wouldn't surprise me to see Elano go, either in January, or more likely in the Summer. Hughes, despite being woefully inadequate at his job, looks like he'll be around until the Summer at least. I may not have started Elano on Sunday, as I say he hasn't exactly been playing well, but to leave him out of the squad when Clayton is included (a guy who was NEVER going to get on the pitch) is ridiculous. We went with Kompany and Fernandes in midfield, against the lowest scorers in the Prem. That, for me, shows a distinct lack of confidence in your players. We should have gone with a more attacking formation. Ireland in the middle, instead of wasted on the left. Try Garrido out in the left midfield position. Hughes hasn't got a clue, the sooner we're shot of him the better.

joseshark said:
Elano has not performed for a while. The first half of last season was great.

Since Dec 07, he's scored 8+ goals and provided numerous assists.

joseshark said:
Since then he has been living on that reputation. I came away from the Everton game more frustrated with Elano then any other player. He did little or nothing with the ball

He did plenty with the ball, including creating our best chance which Benjani ruined as only he can. It was ok though he had a big grin afterwards :/

forevercity said:
I wouldnt blame Hart, Richards, Elano, Robinho, Jo , Cas to all put in a transfer request next month, they deserve to go to a proper club , with a proper fucking manager where they will be apprechiated.

Come on mate, is it really that bad behind the scenes?

forevercity said:
if this bollocks continue to go on, blaming elano for everything including 9/11 then i will think about it. Its interesting that Elano gets dropped for a few poor games (never had 2 games in succession) and vassell and benjani dont. Elano isnt the worst trainer, fuck, he isnt half as bad as most in the squad. When people are pointing the finger at Elano for being disruptive, fucking get down to carrington and watch them train. Watch OTHERS take the piss, not turn up etc and elano is there. Staying 1h after training aswell with Berti, Robby and Jo. Makes my blood boil for the constant shite being branded about elano. Fucking Hero to Scapegoat in 12 months.

I wouldnt blame Hart, Richards, Elano, Robinho, Jo , Cas to all put in a transfer request next month, they deserve to go to a proper club , with a proper fucking manager where they will be apprechiated.

best fans in the world my arse.

Well you've got people constantly saying how good Elano is and trying to slag MH for not playing him, when anyone with a brain who watches him when he plays can see that MH is probably right in not playing him. Elano was dreadful against Santander and has been below par for a long time and there isn't a chance in hell he would have put in a decent performance away to west brom. There's a lot of things that tell us MH isn't the man for us, but Elano isn't one of them.

The 'hero to scapegoat in 12 months' comment cracked me up - 12 months is a pretty long time in football. As for Richards going to a club where he is appreciated, well on current form other clubs are more than welcome to him.

Finger crossed for the proper fucking manager bit though

joseshark wrote:
Since then he has been living on that reputation. I came away from the Everton game more frustrated with Elano then any other player. He did little or nothing with the ball

Disturbance. He did plenty with the ball, including creating our best chance which Benjani ruined as only he can. It was ok though he had a big grin afterwards :/

I was frustrated because we all know what he can do. I think he goes missing too much. In the Derby we brought him on to create or at least attempt to create. In the last 5 mins it ended up with the ball going back to Dunne or Kompany. They then had to press the issue by running with the ball. Elano should have taken the ball of these two and taken responsibility. Vassell and Benjani dont frustrate me. I dont expect them to do anything anyway.

i dont agree with this bollocks about 'they are not hughes players', any decent manager wold be able to adapt and get the best out of what he inherited. the thing is we need to start winning games, end of. now who is more likely to be a match winner, elano or backward gelsen or cat in head lights vassell........exactly

forevercity said:
if this bollocks continue to go on, blaming elano for everything including 9/11 then i will think about it. Its interesting that Elano gets dropped for a few poor games (never had 2 games in succession) and vassell and benjani dont. Elano isnt the worst trainer, fuck, he isnt half as bad as most in the squad. When people are pointing the finger at Elano for being disruptive, fucking get down to carrington and watch them train. Watch OTHERS take the piss, not turn up etc and elano is there. Staying 1h after training aswell with Berti, Robby and Jo. Makes my blood boil for the constant shite being branded about elano. Fucking Hero to Scapegoat in 12 months.

best fans in the world my arse.

I knew it!

;)

Elano and Ireland are our best creative midfielders. It's ridiculous to leave either of them out, Elano is class and it is there for everyone to see. Why Hughes can't realise that Ireland should be playing the deep role with his excellent stamina, work-rate and decent tackling whilst Elano plays a more advanced role behind the lone striker. Elano's tackling is a bit iffy, so why put him in a position which requires you to track back and put tackles in?

I would personally go for a midfield of:

------------Kompany----------------
---------------------Ireland---------
SWP-------Elano--------------Robinho

Especially at home, this is our best midfield on paper. Fills me with a lot more confidence than seeing Gelson or Hamann anywhere near the starting line up.

Elano is a playmaker, his passes go astray sometimes because he tries to go for the killer ball. He doesn't always do it though, he does take the easy option at times. How anyone on this forum can slate Elano is beyond me.

Fair enough he isn't quite Fabregas or even Arteta but he must surely get in the team ahead of the likes of Vassell and Gelson!

Da_Blu_Moona said:
Elano and Ireland are our best creative midfielders. It's ridiculous to leave either of them out, Elano is class and it is there for everyone to see. Why Hughes can't realise that Ireland should be playing the deep role with his excellent stamina, work-rate and decent tackling whilst Elano plays a more advanced role behind the lone striker. Elano's tackling is a bit iffy, so why put him in a position which requires you to track back and put tackles in?

I would personally go for a midfield of:

------------Kompany----------------
---------------------Ireland---------
SWP-------Elano--------------Robinho

Especially at home, this is our best midfield on paper. Fills me with a lot more confidence than seeing Gelson or Hamann anywhere near the starting line up.

Elano is a playmaker, his passes go astray sometimes because he tries to go for the killer ball. He doesn't always do it though, he does take the easy option at times. How anyone on this forum can slate Elano is beyond me.

Fair enough he isn't quite Fabregas or even Arteta but he must surely get in the team ahead of the likes of Vassell and Gelson!

Works for me.

I used to think "yes but Hughes must see something in training day in day out that we humble fans are not party to".

Now I think the man is just completely clueless. They talk about players losing confidence, but managers can lose theirs too. Hughes has lost it for me. That team he put out against WBA (for fucks sake) said "Oh please let's not get beaten again" written all over it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.