Leaving out Elano

Gelsons Dad said:
leadstyle.jpg

MH is a purely autocratic leader. He is on the far left of this picture. Elano needs a participative or delegative leader, far right. Because Hughes cannot change his style (situational leadership) he cannot manage flair players and eventually will alienate all of them.

elano had that management last year, and after a good start was pretty ordinary from jan onwards.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Possession is the key to all good teams. Elano has constantly wasted it in the past 12 months.

This simply isn't true and exposes your post for the rubbish it is. To suggest that he gives the ball away 5-6 times for every successful pass is absolute nonsense. His pass stats were among the top 10 midfielders in the league last season.

Kompany gave the ball away 6 times on his debut and still often does but he doesn't get slagged because people aren't waiting to pounce on him like they love to do with Elano.

Elano has an 80% pass success rate. It is simply another myth to suggest he only gets one right every 5 or 6 attempts. I'll check later but my guess is that elano's 80% is higher than ireland, swp and kompany.

As for creativity and influence he was involved in 39% of our goals last season. A higher percentage than all but 3 in the league. Didnt see the santander game but he was involved in EVERY one of our goal scoring chances against Everton.

If I had suggested that he gve away 5 or 6 passes for every successful one then it might be justified to suggest I am an idiot for doing so.

As I didn't though, I'll let neutral observers judge who is posting "rubbish".

In response to moomba's point, lets agree to disagree here. If you have stats showing that Elano keeps possession at a higher rate than most then I won't dispute them. However, as you know, there is a huge difference between keeping possession in dangerous areas and keeping possession with ineffective passes. My suggestion is that his creative side has been poor.

I have no idea how many goals he has been involved in nd have no reason to doubt your stats. However, neither you or I judge footballers on their statistics and we both go on the intangibles that cannot be measured and are much more important. This is no doubt where we disagree and are unlikely to come to an agreement.

To see the ammount of posts show how many city fans want Elano to stay and to be part of the setup here. I have no problem with Hughes exersising his authority but I cannot agree with playing Vassel over Elano. At some point common sense must prevail and his passing/shooting/crossing/free kicks etc utilsed. We don't all have to be best buddy's at work, we are the sum total of all are different parts!!!

Despite this the MEN seems to suggest he is gone in Jan......shame for city fans, elano and hughes I feel!

Yea, all this slaggin off Elano the gr8 is sick. He was the best we had last season w/Petrov. Now, everyone jumps on him since we have a moron 4 a manager who doesn't know how to use him?!

pakhtun said:
Yea, all this slaggin off Elano the gr8 is sick. He was the best we had last season w/Petrov. Now, everyone jumps on him since we have a moron 4 a manager who doesn't know how to use him?!

That wasn't exactly what I was saying............

I just don't want Elano to leave because of a personality clash..........

sqblue said:
elano had that management last year, and after a good start was pretty ordinary from jan onwards.

He was involved in 39% of our goals over the entire season including the period he wasnt at his best.

I'd say a pretty good return.

moomba said:
sqblue said:

He was involved in 39% of our goals over the entire season including the period he wasnt at his best.

I'd say a pretty good return.

People expect way to much of him.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
If I had suggested that he gve away 5 or 6 passes for every successful one then it might be justified to suggest I am an idiot for doing so.

As I didn't though, I'll let neutral observers judge who is posting "rubbish".

In response to moomba's point, lets agree to disagree here. If you have stats showing that Elano keeps possession at a higher rate than most then I won't dispute them. However, as you know, there is a huge difference between keeping possession in dangerous areas and keeping possession with ineffective passes. My suggestion is that his creative side has been poor.

I have no idea how many goals he has been involved in nd have no reason to doubt your stats. However, neither you or I judge footballers on their statistics and we both go on the intangibles that cannot be measured and are much more important. This is no doubt where we disagree and are unlikely to come to an agreement.

Intangibles are more important than goals, contribution to goals and passing???

LMFAO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.