Leroy Sane - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is still the one kind of player we lack, a straight up dribbler.

Chelsea has Hazard and the Brazilian
United has Pogba and. Martial
Arsenal has Sanchez
Liverpool had Coutinho
Tothenham has Dembele
Butbww don't have any senior straight dribbler.

Euh, Bernardo Silva?

On topic tho, in my opinion it's a bit harsh to judge him on today's game as LW. He is not a player you count on for his defensive awareness but overall he was pretty much useless, it was for sure his worst game for City and let's hope Pep learns the lesson that he shouldn't play a player like that alone on a flank. If you put a player alone on a flank he has to at least have some defensive experience and awareness or you risk these kind of silly mistakes costing you points

Yes he played out of position, but I still would have liked to see a bit more drive and energy at times from him today

Yeah it's a bit of a cop out to just say he was out of position. He just showed no desire to do the role he was given. They were breaking on us and he's one of the fastest players on the pitch but he's not even in shot just jogging back slowly. He's shit at LWB I get it but that doesn't excuse his lack of effort.

Honestly, I think before the walker red card that Walker was on average higher up the pitch than Sane. Pep should have learned from Barcelona's use of Neymar in their 3-5-2, Neymar did not play as a fullback and instead stay high and wide as a winger instead Barcelona tasked the LCB and LCM to defend that side so Neymar had freedom to attack. Sane has to be used this way if he persists with 3-5-2, Walker should have to be the one defending more as well.

As gutless performance as I have seen for a long while - looked disinterested from very start....

I can forgive mistakes, but not lack of effort.

Worst player on pitch ( either side ) by quite a distance

I'm worried he could be our scapegoat this season.

He's our best winger, and should only be seen as a last resort for the LWB position.

Euh, Bernardo Silva?

On topic tho, in my opinion it's a bit harsh to judge him on today's game as LW. He is not a player you count on for his defensive awareness but overall he was pretty much useless, it was for sure his worst game for City and let's hope Pep learns the lesson that he shouldn't play a player like that alone on a flank. If you put a player alone on a flank he has to at least have some defensive experience and awareness or you risk these kind of silly mistakes costing you points
well, perhaps :)

As gutless performance as I have seen for a long while - looked disinterested from very start....

I can forgive mistakes, but not lack of effort.

Worst player on pitch ( either side ) by quite a distance

or is it that he's not quite up to speed with a lack of preseason? It's way to early into the season to say lack of effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.