Liverpool Banned from signing academy players for 2 years.

What get's me over this whole thing is the silence – when we were done for failing to keep up-to-date address records, Talkshite took delight in announcing it every news bulletin... yet i've heard fuck all about the dippers!

Hmm: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...g-academy-players-two-years-illegal-approach/

"They are not the only Premier League club currently under investigation. Manchester City face the prospect of similar or heavier punishment as they await the outcome of ongoing investigations into their youth recruitment."
Hmmmmmm...
The Telegraph have changed the story it would appear. It now just states:
Ironically, one of the other cases it is looking into relates to a grievance Liverpool had last summer about one of their own schoolboys joining Manchester City.
As I pointed out in the Liverpool thread the press have been well briefed by Liverpool and United and they are gagging for us to be caught out.
Let's hope our process documentation is foolproof (unlike for drug testing) or we will cop a much bigger punishment than Liverpool.

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm...
The Telegraph have changed the story it would appear. It now just states:

As I pointed out in the Liverpool thread the press have been well briefed by Liverpool and United and they are gagging for us to be caught out.
Let's hope our process documentation is foolproof (unlike for drug testing) or we will cop a much bigger punishment than Liverpool.

Why would we get a bigger punishment for something similar?

Yeah I see that but this is different, if we get a longer ban for a similar incident I feel City contest it vigorously.
Well let's hope process documentation is rock solid and it doesn't get that far.
I'm told it's policy for us not to make the first move on inter-club kid transfers, then again, we don't really need to as parents by the score see what is happening at the accademy and want the best for their kids and approach us.
Process documentation has to be rock solid to dissuade disappointed parents from trying it on - so I think we we should be OK (touch wood!)

Hmm: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...g-academy-players-two-years-illegal-approach/

"They are not the only Premier League club currently under investigation. Manchester City face the prospect of similar or heavier punishment as they await the outcome of ongoing investigations into their youth recruitment."

where does it have what you quoted in this article from the telegraph this is the only one i ve seen "Ironically, one of the other cases it is looking into relates to a grievance Liverpool had last summer about one of their own schoolboys joining Manchester City".

where does it have what you quoted in this article from the telegraph this is the only one i ve seen "Ironically, one of the other cases it is looking into relates to a grievance Liverpool had last summer about one of their own schoolboys joining Manchester City".
@BlueAnorak posted it a few posts up, they edited it since I quoted the line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.