Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Re: Man City - Cheating Bastards - 115 Charges - Nothing To See Here
« Reply #196 on: Yesterday at 06:27:40 pm »
Quote from: TALBERT on Yesterday at 06:25:24 pm
Just watched the highlights against Fulham

The stadium is practically empty

Seas of blue seat in all corners of the ground

Come on, everyone knows how bad that ring road is on a Saturday afternoon

Seems like we just might have a full house against the bus wreckers then :)
I will lay a pound to a pinch of shit that **** doesn’t go to games. Probably never been to Anfield.

I did read it, you can buy 5 players for 30 million if you want, won't replace Salah's impact. Top 5 players in the world are irreplaceable. 2 or 3 more years of Salah are worth more to Liverpool in my opinion. He's dragged them from mediocrity to one of the best teams in Europe and been the biggest thorn in our arse in the League.
Do you think Liverpool would buy five 30m players?

Name one player in world football Liverpool could realistically buy who is half as good as Salah
The important word there is "realistically". With no ECL to offer the top players will be hard to tempt and would demand huge wages.
The reality has to be realised by fans and FSG alike that we aren't the big draw we were in the 70s/80s (& between 2017-19). You lot can have your pick and then you have PSG/RM/Barca & the new Saudi league all able to offer Chamions league or more money.
To a degree the only real question in my view is, does Salah want to stay? I suspect his family/agent and the player have already got an idea of the salary he can command there and that he will go within the next week or in January.
Although he, as one player is irreplaceable, with the front players we have I think the money would be better spent on a midfielder and a couple of defenders.
The problem is going to be the price, as it will be like with every player West Ham went for after getting the Rice money, the price goes up.

The important word there is "realistically". With no ECL to offer the top players will be hard to tempt and would demand huge wages.
The reality has to be realised by fans and FSG alike that we aren't the big draw we were in the 70s/80s (& between 2017-19). You lot can have your pick and then you have PSG/RM/Barca & the new Saudi league all able to offer Chamions league or more money.
To a degree the only real question in my view is, does Salah want to stay? I suspect his family/agent and the player have already got an idea of the salary he can command there and that he will go within the next week or in January.
Although he, as one player is irreplaceable, with the front players we have I think the money would be better spent on a midfielder and a couple of defenders.
The problem is going to be the price, as it will be like with every player West Ham went for after getting the Rice money, the price goes up.
Think you'd be daft to sell him now our window is shut. Sell at the end of the season, think he's already on a slight downward trajectory, and you will still get crazy money.

Liverpool are a bit of a weird team, that have these peaks and dips. 17/18 season; City win the league with 100 points, Liverpool scrape a top 4 place on the last day. 18/19 season; City just pip Liverpool to the title on the last day by winning at Brighton. 19/20 season; Liverpool go one better and win title. 20/21 season; Liverpool have underwhelming season as defending Champions, but scrape top 4 on the last day, City champions. 21/22 season; City just pip Liverpool again to the title, after the Gundogan show against Villa. 22/23 season; underwhelming Liverpool season, but this time just miss out on top 4, City champions. Looking at that, I wouldn't be surprised to see them challenge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.