M60 "Smart Motorway".

Just down the road from the Carrington spur theyve spent £1.4m at the lights just after citys training ground, its hardly made a difference and took ages to complete (never saw more than 3 people working at a time)

I was under the impression that, when the speed notice boards are lit, the cameras are live, but when the boards are off, so are the cameras.

I have since been told, particularly the stretch on the M62 near Leeds, that the cameras remain live even if the speed notice boards are turned off. In other words, if the road is clear, and you barrel under them at speeds above 77 mph, they can still photograph you, and it's at plods discretion if he charges you or not.

Anybody know if this is true?

happy daze said:
"Upgrading" more bollocks speak to try and con it's an improvement,the speed limits will go up up and down every other gantry to empty your wallet and the hard shoulder will all but disappear,,the biggest improvement to the m60 would be to bulldoze the trafford centre,a lot off tossers going shopping cause chaos.

Another bridge is going to be built parallel to the Barton high level bridge, linking to the A57. There are some huge redevelopment plans for the area.

quiet_riot said:
Maybe if people shared cars, instead of having millions of cars with 1 person in them?

Maybe if most people weren't cunts, the people who already aren't cunts would be happy to share their cars with them rather than driving alone?

BlueBearBoots said:
Skashion said:
BlueBearBoots said:
Errr what's a "smart motorway" ?
You have to score in the 99th percentile or above in an IQ test to be able to go on it. I think it's a great idea.

Ahh right thought it was just for women drivers :)

No. That's where they put inflatable barriers down the lanes, like at a bowling alley, so you can concentrate on doing your make up, love.

*heads to the misogyny thread, never to return*

stony said:
Andy Dale said:
Work has begun on the M62/M60 to upgrade it to a "smart motorway".
The work is expected to last until summer 2017.
The affected area will be from jtn 20 Rochdale to jtn 8 at Carrington. 17 miles.
I can see the traffic jams being enormous and people will try to escape them via the inner roads causing more traffic misery for thousands. The works won't just affect the motorway. It will ruin inner roads with the amount of traffic and the air and noise quality for those living on these routes will be ruined for a long time.
A similar scheme was introduced through Leeds a couple of years ago (11 miles) and personally I can't tell the difference as it's still hammered in rush hour.
The work is expected to cost between £190 - £250 million.
Will the congestion be improved in 3 years ?
Will this upgrade benefit the north west economy or destroy it ?

That section near Leeds is a pain in the arse. There are speed cameras on nearly every gantry. If you come up the M1 there are roadworks with average speed cameras then as soon as you get on the M62 heading for Manchester you're on the "smart motorway" with fixed Gatso style cameras every mile.

I use the Leeds section a lot, regularly when there is hardly a car on the motorway it will post a 60mph limit. I defy anyone to tell me that is not revenue generation and honestly believe it.

Go and give the money to the nearest driverless car manufacturer instead. Car pool with a computer behind the wheel rather than some complete **** = No more congestion.

Well they need to do something. If you don't believe me, try and drive over Barton bridge between 4pm - 6pm tonight!!

Let's just hope they actually crack on with the work rather than stand around. eating butties and complaining that because it's meant to rain next week they can't do anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.