Maicon its time to get off the Man City Metrolink ride

theholyswan

I watched Maicon's performance during the game vs Leeds yesterday and I still find it very strange that this guy has a Champions League winning medal.

Out of position, miss placed passes, poor touches all this combined with an uninterested performance (on many occasions) makes you wonder how this guy is going to contribute against quality opposition given the standard of the test Leeds gave us.

He is one of those subs that when seen standing next to the fourth official getting ready to come on pretty much everybody I know murmurs "Not him" under their breath.

theholyswan said:
I watched Maicon's performance during the game vs Leeds yesterday and I still find it very strange that this guy has a Champions League winning medal.

Out of position, miss placed passes, poor touches all this combined with an uninterested performance (on many occasions) makes you wonder how this guy is going to contribute against quality opposition given the standard of the test Leeds gave us.

He is one of those subs that when seen standing next to the fourth official getting ready to come on pretty much everybody I know murmurs "Not him" under their breath.

Strange.

I also saw him make a few mistakes & get pulled out of position, yet also play some sublime football, make some fantastic runs & some superb passes.

Strange that you only saw one part of his performance & missed the other.

What a load of shit. He did ok considering the amount of game time hes had.
As for the champs league comment, at that point in time he was the best right back in the world.

theholyswan said:

Tottenham thought the opposite and were rubbing their hands together when he came on against them in the home game .................. do you remember that game ? only the Monkey Face Bale threat was snubbed out once Maicon came on.

he is still very good technically as far as his passing and ball control goes (apart from when he gives it to the opposition), but he seems to have completely lost the physical side to his game. susceptible to injuries, very slow off the mark, seems to struggle turning due to lack of agility etc

can't see him doing much in his city career

yayas trusty right foot said:
There was one pass yesterday that was out of this world..

Yes remember, it was to Silva and it was sublime, only wish we would have got him a few years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.