MAIL ON SUNDAY AND JOSE

moomba said:
FWIW, Mourinho managed Chelsea 185 times, they scored 3 goals or more 49 times.

Not good enough imo. 50 times and he'd be the one; but 49 times - shocking.

i couldn't actually give two shits who our manager is as long as it's someone who has a winning mentality and has the ability to manage City towards their first trophy very very soon (i.e this seasons FA/UEFA cup or defo something next)and then builds on that and gets us Champions League and Premiership success.

if that man turns out to be Mark Hughes then all well and good coz it means we don't have to yet again de-stabilise the management position.if not- get the man to do that job and get him quick.

that's not an anti Huhges/pro Jose post. it's an ' I want whoever can manage City to win trophies and give us fans the success we deserve, to be in place now' post.

Jose is not the kind of person, let alone manager, who would stay at CoMS for a sufficient length of time for MCFC to achieve status as the top European dog. I can't, either, think of another continental manager who would. They would use the club for their own ends and not ours. Hughes on the other hand would stay the course like Sir Haggis has done at Stretford. That is the kind of stability the stabilitymongers are talking of and that is the kind of progress the Sheikh and his entourage are investing in.

Knowledgeable rag pal with senior level rag contacts believes that Jose is nailed on to replace Taggart at the swamp.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Jose is not the kind of person, let alone manager, who would stay at CoMS for a sufficient length of time for MCFC to achieve status as the top European dog. I can't, either, think of another continental manager who would. They would use the club for their own ends and not ours. Hughes on the other hand would stay the course like Sir Haggis has done at Stretford. That is the kind of stability the stabilitymongers are talking of and that is the kind of progress the Sheikh and his entourage are investing in.

Theres no sort of evidence to suggest that is the case.

Remember Hughes moved from Blackburn to go to a "bigger club", they all do it, British and non-British.

Brucie Bonus said:
Dobsy, why do you think he wants to go to Spain next? He's been making comments about coming back to England since October. He's hardly said a word about Spain. A couple of days ago I posted a summary of what Jose has been up to and what he's been saying since his first UNSOLICITED comments about English football in October. I can't keep going over what he's been up to, but he's worth following day-to-day.

I tend to agree with the more "impatient"...almost 3 decades and I get rather hot under the collar when I'm patted on the head and told to be a good little boy and be patient.

The old man from Argentina...what on earth is that all about? An invitation to Hughes to walk before he gets pushed?

Throughout his career he's said he wants to do that in that order, it's the grand plan of his inflated ego. My housemate for the last three years at uni was a massive Chelsea fan so I had almost daily updates on Mourinho during that time. I really wouldn't rely on a couple of press conferences, he's a hotheaded guy and he throws stuff out here there and everywhere. I consider his comments about English football more of a barb towards the Italian press, part of an ongoing feud, than a 'come and get me City' plea.

I don't want to get into a big row about this cos Mourinho is my favourite person in football, and I'd be deliriously happy if City got him. I just think it's an illusion and that it's counterproductive to be pinning your hopes on this when the signs are that Hughes is going to be here for next season i.e. "absolute mandate to carry out his plans"

I'd also tend to agree with Dave Ewing's that Mourinho seems to be the kind of guy who'd stay for 4/5 years maximum and then move on, and that seems to be at odds with ADUG's thinking. On the other hand, I completely disagree with anyone who says Mourinho's football isn't entertaining enough.

Basile wouldn't have been offered the City job, he hates English football. He's recently been sacked from the Argentina job, or more accurately forced out by the likes of Messi and the younger guys there who didn't appreciate his old school approach. I don't believe what he's said. I think he's just using us to put his name out there.

I can't remember the poster's name who wanted to urinate on me but if we get Mourinho . . . let's see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.