Maine Road FC

Be good to be confirmed by someone more in the know, but weren’t they formed by fans to play for fun and fitness on the days City didn’t and were never formed to be a team to be up the pyramid.
Yes. Manchester Amateur Sunday League. Hough End.

At Brantingham Road on Sunday Maine Road FC Vets take on Djerv 1919 of Norway (K.O.13:00).

Djerv are part of a group of 90 coming over for the City v Brentford game.

Djerv have donated 10,000 Krone (approx’ £833) to Road. This was immediately topped up by the Norway & Denmark Branch of the City Supporters Club to make a total of £1,000.

Does anyone on here go to Maine Road FC games? Been wondering whether to try it out.

Looking to check out a non-league team but can’t bring myself to go Latics/Macc where a big percentage of their fans probably hate City.

Does anyone on here go to Maine Road FC games? Been wondering whether to try it out.

Looking to check out a non-league team but can’t bring myself to go Latics/Macc where a big percentage of their fans probably hate City.
I've unfortunately only made it once but absolutely loved it to the point I wound up getting a "friends of Maine road" sponsorship, and I'm really hopeful I'll be making another game or two this season. So in short, I couldn't recommend it enough.

I think anyone who goes there with a full understanding of the level (i.e. not expecting the experience, atmosphere or quality to compare to the National League) will have a fantastic time.

I've unfortunately only made it once but absolutely loved it to the point I wound up getting a "friends of Maine road" sponsorship, and I'm really hopeful I'll be making another game or two this season. So in short, I couldn't recommend it enough.

I think anyone who goes there with a full understanding of the level (i.e. not expecting the experience, atmosphere or quality to compare to the National League) will have a fantastic time.
Brilliant to hear, thanks mate. Definitely gonna give it a go! Will hop on the bus I think so I can have a couple of pints.

Looking forward to an afternoon without VAR and overbearing stewards!

Last edited:
Brilliant to hear, thanks mate. Definitely gonna give it a go! Will hop on the bus I think so I can have a couple of pints.

Looking forward to an afternoon without VAR and overbearing stewards!
Yeah you don't realise how good it is to return to the the spontaneous goal celebration without that "don't fucking disallow it" thought in the back of your head, until you actually go back to it!!

It's also great being able to watch football while drinking from the sideline, without having to go out back. I was necking the Strongbow ciders when I went there but I seem to recall they have a handful of beer options.

There's a nice enough bar nearby, about a 10-15min walk from memory, name completely escapes me! Went there pre-match and got chatting to a few people who were also heading to the game ... heard some great stories from Maine Road adventures past like the Isle of Man away day hahaha

Yeah you don't realise how good it is to return to the the spontaneous goal celebration without that "don't fucking disallow it" thought in the back of your head, until you actually go back to it!!

It's also great being able to watch football while drinking from the sideline, without having to go out back. I was necking the Strongbow ciders when I went there but I seem to recall they have a handful of beer options.

There's a nice enough bar nearby, about a 10-15min walk from memory, name completely escapes me! Went there pre-match and got chatting to a few people who were also heading to the game ... heard some great stories from Maine Road adventures past like the Isle of Man away day hahaha

You must be a pretty fast walker if you can get to a pub from there in 10 mins.

Trying to think where the nearest one would be now? What area was it?

I’m thinking maybe The Claremont or if you head the other way, maybe that new gaff in Whalley Range, Hilary something?

You must be a pretty fast walker if you can get to a pub from there in 10 mins.

Trying to think where the nearest one would be now? What area was it?

I’m thinking maybe The Claremont or if you head the other way, maybe that new gaff in Whalley Range, Hilary something?
Found it - The Chorlton Tap! Yeah may have been a tad over 10min but then again I do walk quick when I'm drinking hahaha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.