Maine Road,

maltablue said:
i just openend the first real chippy in malta painted it blue outside with signed city shirts on the wall n loads of city stuff!!!!!!!!!!!! feel free to send me city stuff to put in there!!!!!! lol

Take some photos mate and post them! Love to see that.

Brucie Bonus said:
maltablue said:
i just openend the first real chippy in malta painted it blue outside with signed city shirts on the wall n loads of city stuff!!!!!!!!!!!! feel free to send me city stuff to put in there!!!!!! lol

Take some photos mate and post them! Love to see that.
will try and get some on here soon!

DontLookBackInAnger said:
I take the bus past it after every game on the way home and its really quite sad remembering what it once was.

has it got the blue sign with city chippy still on it? lets get it knocked down and put together brick by brick on sports city il donate the first £5...anyone else?

Zaba-daba-doo said:
felixbg said:
best memory has to be that play-off night in 99 against wigan, the place was absolutly buzzing, add a pitch invasion and an entertaining game and you've got it all really, evening games were always special at that place, Ipswich back in 2001 was another great game, and of course Birmingham when we won 1-0 to near e nough confirm our promotion that same season , i'll never forget parking down on princess road (i think it was called) then walking/running (i was only lil lad so my dads steps = 2 of mine) down the cobbled back alleys to the ground avoiding horse mess and soggy newspapers on the way ;-)... good times ... good good times

the atmosphere were amazin that night i remember i took a sicky that night from work, weren't missin that one, did anyone go Maine Road for the Live screening of the first leg against Wigan at Springfield park 1-1 Browny wiv the away goal? everyone were singin like we were there hahaha good times!

Yeah I was there for the screening and the return leg, my favourite photo is me on the pitch at the end of the match arms stretched wide absorbing the atmosphere, got the photo in a frame behing the bar. Gives me goosies just thinking about it.

I went to some great days and nights at Maine Road in the late 60s and the 70s. Those were the days of masive crowds and a great teram as well. It was very rare for city to get beat at maine Road. The 80s and 90s never replicated that. There were some good days dont get me wrong but it was the 60s and 70s when Maine Road was rocking and we used to fucking destroy teams at home. During the last few seasons I saw some terrible games at Maine Road an the atmosphere was sometimes dreadful. The ground started to look a mess towards the end because it was a mix of stands that did not match each other. What Maine Road did have was the history. It was the place my dad took me to as a child and memories like that never fade. However, as we speak history is being created at Eastlands. Young children with their dads will look back and remember eastlands with fond memories just like a lot of you do with Maine Road. Also the new stadium is fantastic. It is state of art and I love going there. It just needs time. Maine Road has gone and what we have now is better in my opinion.

Zaba-daba-doo said:
I take the bus past it after every game on the way home and its really quite sad remembering what it once was.

has it got the blue sign with city chippy still on it? lets get it knocked down and put together brick by brick on sports city il donate the first £5...anyone else?

The sign is still there

I agree Kevin, both my wife and daughter are season ticket holders at COMS and in years to come we'll talk about successes, failures and good laughs but don't you think that we should change the name of the stadium, make it more personal, like Citizens Stadium?

amone said:
I agree Kevin, both my wife and daughter are season ticket holders at COMS and in years to come we'll talk about successes, failures and good laughs but don't you think that we should change the name of the stadium, make it more personal, like Citizens Stadium?
I know that's supposed to be our nickname but in 30 years following City home, and away I have never once heard it used by a fan, or even the club for that matter.

amone said:
I know that's supposed to be our nickname but in 30 years following City home, and away I have never once heard it used by a fan, or even the club for that matter.

how about Maine Ground or Maine Park???

Zaba-daba-doo said:

how about Maine Ground or Maine Park???
I like it however I think the reason that the ground has always had kind of a generic name is because, if and when the stadium is bought by the club they will sell the naming rights to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.