Make this season Claudio Bravo's season

Any manager with any sense supports their players in public.
There is a long list of evidence to suggest that criticising people is counterproductive.
This! And to have your own fans humiliating you, especially at home is hardly going to encourage him. Sure, one or two might be able to rise above it but not many.

You are deflecting the issue - it wasn't opposition fans that mocked him. Be honest - it was OUR fans. They sarcastically clapped & cheered whenever he picked up the ball. It was embarrassing & made him worse.
No I'm not. I'm responding to the poster I was talking to because HE said opposition fans had claimed he was a clown.

Barcelona and Chile keepers don't make saves! I suppose that goes for his other teams as well does it? There's a difference between form and quality. I can not understand why a City fan would be so stubborn about not accepting that a player with Bravo's history is a quality player. Hopefully he'll change your mind - if he gets a chance
Where did I say they don't make saves? I get that he was won some major honours, but his contribution at Barcelona just isn't as great as the majority of the outfield regulars. I don't know how that can really be argued. That's by the by anyway because he is playing in a different environment now and appears to be a million miles away from what we assumed he was when we signed him. A penalty shootout doesn't change that for me and wouldn't for any logical person.

It's not stubbornness to be less enthusiastic. I'm realistic and until he proves he can perform to an acceptable standard in a city shirt, I will always be wary about him playing in a city shirt.

Bravo especially. He had quite a few struggles at Sociedad a couple of years before he moved to Barcelona. He's probably spent as long being mediocre as he has being good....hence the reason behind him only really coming to prominence in the later stages of his career.

Where did I say they don't make saves? I get that he was won some major honours, but his contribution at Barcelona just isn't as great as the majority of the outfield regulars. I don't know how that can really be argued. That's by the by anyway because he is playing in a different environment now and appears to be a million miles away from what we assumed he was when we signed him. A penalty shootout doesn't change that for me and wouldn't for any logical person.

It's not stubbornness to be less enthusiastic. I'm realistic and until he proves he can perform to an acceptable standard in a city shirt, I will always be wary about him playing in a city shirt.

Bravo especially. He had quite a few struggles at Sociedad a couple of years before he moved to Barcelona. He's probably spent as long being mediocre as he has being good....hence the reason behind him only really coming to prominence in the later stages of his career.

Purely depends how you look at it.
Last night Bravo's distribuition was excellent. As well as his keeping.
Even on the occassions he went long, Sanchez or Vidal would beat two much larger centre halves to the ball. Purely down to the trajectory of the ball.
Chile had a back 4, one failed at West Brom, one failed at Cardiff, both full backs were largely disappointing at Birmingham/Wigan and QPR.

Portugals front 5 were worth North of £300 million. Chile had a back four worth South of £10 million. Two holding midfielders playing with little more than passion & disapline.
Non of them over 6". Yet they totally controlled the game. Left Portugal with nothing, totally starved them of the ball. Bravo is key to that style of defending.

I think last night, had you replaced Bravo with a Cech or Hart, Chile would be out. Fuck, they wouldn't even be there.

Bravo is and has been key to Chile's success. Us signing him made total sense. Still does. He'll be given every opportunity to help us like he helps Chile, and hopefully help Ederson along.

Yep. They picked up the nickname from our "fans"
Not too sure about that. Rags I know were calling him a clown after the Derby at the swamp. We hadn't even realised what kind of season he was going to have by then.

He made plenty of saves for us last season, not enough mind but the exaggeration there is exactly what people are talking about when they say the criticism is disproportionate.

He is a world class keeper that suffered a dramatic dip in form.

Rag inferiority complex rearing it's head in your third para, not pretty.

It wasn't just pride from Pep, he backed him to turn it around but the situation became toxic because the dissenting voices in the ground grew louder making it more difficult for him to get that bit of confidence needed.

He is good enough, he's proved that, ridiculous assertion considering.
Why is it a Rag inferiority complex. Seem to recall Taibi for Utd - not up to it so Ferguson had him out. Or there was Jim Leighton (I think) dropped for the Cup Final. Pep clearly did the right thing in supporting him publicly but he was bloody awful last season and a manager with less personal ego would have resolved it quicker. Perhaps Ferguson was simply a better manager (despite bein an arsehole) how else would you explain Utds sudden dramatic fall from grace after he left?
My worry if he is the same this season as last and he becomes the Cup keeper is we have 3 cups and one league.

Why is it a Rag inferiority complex. Seem to recall Taibi for Utd - not up to it so Ferguson had him out. Or there was Jim Leighton (I think) dropped for the Cup Final. Pep clearly did the right thing in supporting him publicly but he was bloody awful last season and a manager with less personal ego would have resolved it quicker. Perhaps Ferguson was simply a better manager (despite bein an arsehole) how else would you explain Utds sudden dramatic fall from grace after he left?
My worry if he is the same this season as last and he becomes the Cup keeper is we have 3 cups and one league.

Why is he even being mentioned?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.