Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
Zabaleta said: "Sergio is fit. He has been training well with the team for a few days now but he was not 100% to play against Southampton, so that is why the manager decided to leave him out and let him be fully ready for the next game against Liverpool.

I reckon he is going to start.
100 percent ready for liverpool pellegrini said last week!

Quote from: LFC4LIFENET on Today at 04:10:23 PM
The yellow bibs in training today:

Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho, Flanagan, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez.

Think that's the team.

not sure if anyone mentioned this yet or not.

looks like a "going for it" lineup.

SkyBlueCanuck said:

Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho, Flanagan, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez.

Think that's the team.

Good luck with that Brenda.

SkyBlueCanuck said:

Think that's the team.

If that's the midfield they're going with then they may well struggle to cope with Silva and Nasri, that's got a lot of attacking options in it and only Gerrard and Henderson to cope with our attacking options. I'd have possibly left Coutinho out and started either Allen or Lucas.

Matty said:
SkyBlueCanuck said:

Think that's the team.

If that's the midfield they're going with then they may well struggle to cope with Silva and Nasri, that's got a lot of attacking options in it and only Gerrard and Henderson to cope with our attacking options. I'd have possibly left Coutinho out and started either Allen or Lucas.

precisely what i was thinking.

perhaps the pressure of supporter and media expectations coupled with needing a win (whereas a draw would serve our cause) is forcing Rodgers' hand?

chris85mcfc said:
Remember after the Bayern game when Pellegrini was slated for playing two strikers instead of playing that extra man in midfield...

Well I can see them making the same mistake we made on Sunday. He'll play Sturridge and Suarez with coutinho and sterling behind but if he honestly thinks that Henderson and gerrard can hold it together against Yaya silva and nasri then I think their in for a nasty shock.

If I was Rodgers I'd either drop Sturridge or Coutinho and play Lucas instead but I don't think he's gonna do that, either way I think well be too good for them anyway an early goal will settle any nerves and they'll be looking to throw everything at us and well just pick them off

Going for 1-3 City

They used what looked lik 3-4-3 in the last game, and I think they'll use it again.

Suarez might lose it for Liverpool. I have never seen anything like the last 20 mins at the Etihad throwing himself to the ground every 2-3 minutes.

Most City fans chief worry is Suarez getting a penalty but it could work the other way for him. He'll get more and more desperate as the clock ticks

My concern is Demichelis. He has done well in recent weeks, but at some stage in the game he will get exposed one on one with Sturridge or Sterling. Suarez isn't quick, he's just slippery, but Sturridge and Sterling are quick

Manchester_lalala said:
After thinking about all the scenarios possible, I think we will win the league even if we lose on Sunday. If we win one game in hand that puts us 4 points behind Liverpool with one game in hand left. They play Chelsea in a few weeks so any drop points means we're in pole position again. If we lose on Sunday it could be like the arsenal game 2 years ago, where we thought we where dead and buried. But the rags slackened off assuming they had won it. I've been nervous ever since they beat west ham on Sunday, but after thinking about it, the title race is far from over what ever the out come Sunday.

If we lose at Liverpool, extremely unlikely we will win at Everton. Nothing's impossible, but heavy odds against, which means big odds on Liverpool. I also don't see Norwich or Palace stopping Liverpool if they get past us, They are finding ways to win and the refs/linesmen are becoming their 12th, 13th and 14th men.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:23 pm --<br /><br />
Matty said:
SkyBlueCanuck said:

Think that's the team.

They will be trying to blitz us early, then consolidate and bring on a holding player.

Re: How's everyone's week bearing up?

CITY FOR LIFE said:
karen7 said:
I've just said in the pre match thread this week feels like the build up to that derby in 2012
This week is dragging for me and i'm sure the team as well
They will have to play a perfect game
I think if we had lost that Derby in 2012 I would have jumped off L3, come Sunday I won't be as nervous as I know we have the capable of getting the result needed. Fingers crossed that Anfield is half empty come the 85min

I think it's going to be in the balance at the 85th minute, possibly level. Which means NO LAST MINUTE FUCK-UPS a la Stamford Bridge.

The atmosphere will definitely play a part early on, it will be a tough opening 20 minutes, and if we ride that we have a great chance.

Even better if we can keep the ball and take the sting out of the crowd like United away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.