Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester_lalala said:
After thinking about all the scenarios possible, I think we will win the league even if we lose on Sunday. If we win one game in hand that puts us 4 points behind Liverpool with one game in hand left. They play Chelsea in a few weeks so any drop points means we're in pole position again. If we lose on Sunday it could be like the arsenal game 2 years ago, where we thought we where dead and buried. But the rags slackened off assuming they had won it. I've been nervous ever since they beat west ham on Sunday, but after thinking about it, the title race is far from over what ever the out come Sunday.

It's going to get very tight if Liverpool beat you and Chelsea beat them.

lasereyes said:
For any of you still doubting Aguero should start:
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiKMtzY7-BU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiKMtzY7-BU</a>
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNEwmx7QsI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNEwmx7QsI</a>

These are his last two games against each of our title rivals. Plain and simple, this guy can create goals out of nothing against the very, very best teams.

He's fit, he starts - no brainer.
Er.. everyone who is doubting over Aguero to start is doing so only because of his fitness, not his playing level, which everyone knows is world class. He struggled against Barca and in the Capital one cup final because he wasn't fully fit in both matches.

Paul_Powers_Tash said:
jimbo101 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Not sure why, but these last couple days, my own nerves have pretty much gone, the arse has been torn out of this game, already.

I've gone from thinking a draw would be an incredible achievement to firmly believing we WILL go there and win.

For me, the more I read and hear others speak about Liverpool, the more it turned them into this behemoth of a team, a Barcelona on steroids in terms of their capacity to close down opponents at will, with Suarez applying the sheen.

The fact is, in a one-off game, as this league has shown, anyone can beat anyone.

But when I really take a step back from all the hyperbole, this Liverpool team are still a good middleweight punching against a light heavyweight, in the truest sense.

Seven times out of ten, this current Liverpool team doesn't lay a glove on City.

And for that reason, I will sit down this Sunday and be relaxed, trusting in our superior players to just do their jobs.

Sometimes I forget how bloody good our own players are.

This Sunday won't be the end, it will not even be the beginning of the end, it will merely be the end of the beginning of the REAL title countdown.

Tolm, can you go back to being pessimistic, like when you feared we'd come unstuck against Southampton! Predict a loss & then we'll win. cheers.

We have to be calm and remember to play the opposition and not the occasion. Liverpool's game plan has been to blitz opponents for the first 20 minutes and kill the game before it has begun. If we go there and play our normal line up we will lose; Yaya and Ferna will get overrun in midfield and our defence won't be able to cope with Liverpools penetration and pace up front.

It's time for Pellegrini to earn his stripes. The risk is I can't recall us playing this system under Pellegrini but I believe we have the players and they are more than capable. For me we have to go 4-3-3 with the usual defence including Clichy and a fluid 3 man midfield of Ferna left, Garcia in front of the back four to break up play and stop the defence splitting passes to Sturridge and Suarez and Yaya on the right. In front of them we have an equally fluid threesome of Sillva, Nasri and Aguero. Control and possession are key and this system with the players we have should give us both. If however we go behind with 30 mins to go we can take Garcia off and bring Dzeko or Jovetic on and really go at them.

Let's not get carried away. If we dominate the ball, which we should do with the extra man in midfield, we can keep the crowd quiet and show how bad their defence really is. If we go 4-2-3-1 with Navas and Nasri we will have lost the game before the half hour mark.

I'm yet to be convinced that Nasri justifies his place in a world class team, he strikes me as a flat track bully, but Sunday is as much a defining game for him as it is for our team. I hope he proves me wrong.
You do realise that we have outscored every team in the league in terms of goals in the first 15 minutes?

Everyone going on about how Liverpool come out fast ignores the fact that we tend to come out faster.

Anybody just seen ssn news segment with these deluded scouse picks talking about the famous anfield atmosphere?! Every time I've been it's been shit!

Clattenburg, yellow cards, red cards, dangerous free kicks around the box and penalties are what concerns me most about Sunday.

We have to be controlled in the first 20 mins, get through that unscathed and I see no reason we can't come away with something.

I know it won't happen, but I'd love MP to go with a false 9 (Silva) and overload the midfield, can't see Dzeko or Beast getting much out of their defence.

Keep Sergio on the bench until the second half and then go for it.

Re: Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

I've had enough of this Hillsborough stuff, is getting tired now, yes I have sympathy but fuck me move on, I'm so nervous for Sunday, just hope it's not decided by some shite Twatenburg decision.

now I got it right in my head im in a
3_63_5.jpg

kind of mood

I am just loving the Liverpool wankfest ATM. Fowler has just asked Rosler on Talksport - "Will it be a disappointment if City only won the League Cup with all the money they have spent" - Rosler just batted it back with City spent high initially to play catch up and other teams have spent highly since

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.