Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
karen7 said:
Biggest mistake we could make is thinking we have time to settle into the game,liverpool will go for the throat from the first minute
we must be ready from the off,if we let a goal in early it will be very difficult

I agree. We need to hit them hard early like we did the rags at the swamp.

We go one up and it's a whole different ball game.

Yaya said after one of the games last season that Liverpool were the toughest opponents he has faced after coming to England. Although our season went badly overall, I personally was delighted to here that from Yaya, and this season I can bet that we will make it even more tougher than earlier.

But realistically I see City to be the favorites for this tie if it's not heading for a draw. The Yaya factor has gone up a couple of notches this season and add to that the good form Dzeko, Silva( as always), Nasri and a couple of others are showing, it is going to be tough for any team on any day and also there is a chance that Aguero could return as well.

As for us we rely on the fast paced attack and link-up play of Suarez-Sturridge-Coutinho/Sterling but we have to really be dominant in mid-field for this one as getting enough space will not be easy for us, but if we click like in the previous big matches at anfield and click early then I guess we will have the edge.

But the deciding factor to me I guess would be the key to unlocking a weak defense which can be attributed to both the teams.

-------------------------Hart------------------------
Zabaleta-Kompany-Demichelis-Kolarov
-----------------------Garcia-----------------------
-----------Fernandinho-----Yaya--------------
Nasri-----------------Kun-------------------Silva

That's what I would go for.

__________________Hart

Zabaleta - Kompany - Demichellis - Clichy

___________Fernandinho - Garcia

_____Silva ----------- Yaya ------------ Nasri

_________________Aguero

karen7 said:
Biggest mistake we could make is thinking we have time to settle into the game,liverpool will go for the throat from the first minute
we must be ready from the off,if we let a goal in early it will be very difficult

Totally agree. They will start pinging balls about and trying to get SSS early touches. It will be a frenzy. Pellers and Kompany need to get the team ready right from kick off.

karen7 said:

Agree, but we also fell behind in the corresponding fixture and came back.

Big games often turn on big decisions, so we need to play with our heads, keep possession, and it might be a good time to start converting our opportunities.

Think Garcia has to start next week. I love Toure but he goes missing too often when defending, can't afford to do that next week.

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Demichelis
Clichy
Fernandinho
Garcia
Toure
Nasri
Silva
Aguero (if fit)

Slow the game down right from the kick off to stop them from flying out the blocks, mark them tight get in their face hussle and bustle them to keep the crowd quiet, then slowly take control. Piece of cake 2 - 0 CITY

Hart
Pablo Vinnie Demichelis Kolarov
Garcia Fernandinho
Silva Yaya Jovetic
Dzeko

The majority of City fans can see we need cover for the back four, I just hope Pellegrini is thinking along the same lines. We were carved open against Saints 1st half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.