Mark Clattenburg

I posted this just after the game:

Unfortunately Sky didn't replay this one and I couldn't freeze it at the moment the ball was kicked - this is 1/2 a second after Yaya kicked it. And even then you can see Aguero is clearly on side (note the Spurs defender just out of shot on the left). He was even more on side when the ball was kicked.

Now look at where the official is. He can see perfectly well that Aguero is onside, and yet he raises his flag. Basically, he's bent.

2mffd55.jpg
He was onside but that picture is useless as the ball has already left Yaya's foot.

I'm in the top tier of the East Stand, and sit almost exactly above where the linesman was standing. It happens too many times for the match officials to get it wrong for it to be coincidental, not only over the course of the match, but over a season.

The cynic in me says that the decisions are pre-ordained, ie, put your flag up in the second half if you're under the East Stand and City are attacking the North Stand, but be more "circumspect" in the first half. I suspect the same situation arises on the other side with decisions given by that linesman (judging by the howls from the CB Stand), but it's too far away for me to see. THOSE INSTRUCTIONS CAN ONLY COME FROM THE REFEREE BEFORE THE MATCH.

I could, of course, be completely delusional as I have blue eyes (as it says in my passport), but having watched City since 1959, a very worrying pattern is beginning to take shape, and has done so for 3 or 4 years now with increasing regularity. Decisions are given/not given which have a direct bearing on the result, are generally (but not always) against us, and the referees are always "the usual suspects". Sunday was, once again, one of those days. In fact, before the match, a friend said that Clattenburg will always get one or more MAJOR decision wrong in a match, usually at a crucial moment. He was not wrong!

Honestly mate, there is a thread like this on every clubs forum I've ever been on - with the possible exception of ManUtd obviously.

And until they start using video evidence it will never change.

That is the one that incensed me and still does, Aguero had to run past the Defender to get the ball and was clearly onside. Cuntenberg could himself easily have seen that and ignored the flag and played advantage then speak to the official at the next break of play. That was when you could see that something wasn't right with this game and I wonder how long it will take before teams start doing an Argentina and refuse to continue playing with these corrupt officials.

The worrying thing is this has now been brushed under the carpet and all seems to have been forgotten. The club needs to be more ruthless and make a public statement that we refuse to play under any game that Cuntenburg officiates due to the ever growing suspicions that he is on the take or flaunting the Gambling rules.
It didn't hit his hand you fuckin plum and i don't know anyone blue or any other football allegiance that thinks it did,you nake some decent points otherwise but your credibilty just goes out the window with your comments on the Sterling non handball.

Even your own fans acknowledge it hit his arm.

Spurs had the most yellow cards in the EPL despite having the same average possession (55%) as ManC.

I think you'll find my joining date wasn't the day ManC played Spurs away. It was the day I wrote a very pro ManCity piece for my blog about the travesty of them (and clubs like them) being hamstrung by the limitations put on owner investment which coincided with the G14 old money clubs signing a new agreement with UEFA.

What incorrect conclusions did I draw? The biggest stats piece I did was about how Tottenham's front four had gone from being flimsy to being the most industrious by far (back when I did the piece they were miles out in front). This has since been written about numerous times, including in the Telegraph last week (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...How-Tottenham-cracked-the-defensive-code.html) and is one of the reasons IMO why ManC are massively underachieving while clubs with vastly inferior individual components are above ManC in the league. There is no one better with the ball than ManC, but they are not good enough without it. It was going to be a more neutral piece but Tottenham's front four were so far ahead of everyone else in the league (averaging 4 tackles and Interceptions per game more than the next hearest - and nearly 10 more than ManC for example) they became the focus.

As I said, I think Clattenberg's a twat and always has been. I could easily understand if that pen wasn't given yesterday, but likewise, if you do a fucking star jump with your elbows out and the ball ends up hitting your arm it's not exactly an outrageous decision either. Most Spurs fans I know hate Clattenberg. I'm pretty sure it was him who managed to disallow the Mendes goal that was two yards over the line at ManU and was him who allowed Nani to score from a spurs free kick, also at ManU.

Thanks for all that spursmad or whatever your last name was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.