Massacre on mud. Manchester City v West Ham 1970

Oh no Joe!

I remember that like it was yesterday. And people say we've got no history. Well it always comes out when cock-ups are involved, haha
I thought it was the one where JC punted the ball upfield, turned and strolled back, only for, was it Ronnie B, to lob the ball over his head and into the net. The other five-summat, or more correctly summat-five, was the one where Bert T thumped the ball right up the arse of the whistling wanker who ignored a blatant offside. Sixty odd years on and they are still ignoring blatant offsides until a player is injured and then they realise WTF the flag is for!

I thought it was the one where JC punted the ball upfield, turned and strolled back, only for, was it Ronnie B, to lob the ball over his head and into the net. The other five-summat, or more correctly summat-five, was the one where Bert T thumped the ball right up the arse of the whistling wanker who ignored a blatant offside. Sixty odd years on and they are still ignoring blatant offsides until a player is injured and then they realise WTF the flag is for!
I was at the game involving Bert too, with my Dad.

My Dad's favourite line was "Stop off at Dave's" as he was a massive fan of Mr Ewing

I do remember that match because it was so out of line with the general performance that season.

It was rather like some of the home defeats during the George Poyser era.

After the match we were in the City Social Club and everyone was moaning about how bad the match had been. A friend of mine tried to argue that he had enjoyed the match given the way that West Ham played.

He did not add that he was one of the pitch invaders who was nabbed by the police and ejected from the stadium. As was usually the case then, he simply paid another five bob and came back into the ground for the rest of the match.

What game was this from ? Disastrous match v West Ham and a disastrous cup tie at OT a few weeks earlier, strange to think it was our most successful season for 41 years.
If it's definitely from 69-70, then I'm guessing that the photo is either from the ECWC Extra Time win over Academica Coimbra (the previous midweek to the West Ham defeat) or the Schalke Semi Final the following month.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.