Massacre on mud. Manchester City v West Ham 1970

In the dressing room after the game someone told joe corrigan to go to the boardroom, when he got their Bert Trautmann was there and had a long chat with him , he told joe to put the game behind him as he had had plenty of nightmare games himself

It really made a big difference to joe

In the dressing room after the game someone told joe corrigan to go to the boardroom, when he got their Bert Trautmann was there and had a long chat with him , he told joe to put the game behind him as he had had plenty of nightmare games himself

It really made a big difference to joe
Was this the time when that old joke was doing the rounds.. Joe Corrigan was so depressed about his form that he tried to commit suicide. He jumped in front of a bus, but it went under him. Before I was born but still brilliant to see Maine Road in all its glory.

Was this the time when that old joke was doing the rounds.. Joe Corrigan was so depressed about his form that he tried to commit suicide. He jumped in front of a bus, but it went under him. Before I was born but still brilliant to see Maine Road in all its glory.
And the other joke that after the game he was in the dressing room, threw his head in his hands and missed ! However Joe then went on to become an absolute blue legend and one of our greats, loved by all blues !

I was at this game. I nearly didn't go as I was convinced it would be called off so bad was the weather even by Manchester's standards. As a result of going late and being skint I had to stay in the uncovered scoreboard all game and got absolutely soaked. For those wondering what I'm on about me and my mate would often get to the ground as soon as the gates opened. We'd pay our 2/6d into the scoreboard end, walk right near to the Kippax then hop over the wall, leg it, then hop over the next wall into the Kippax. This saved us from paying 6d to use the transfer gate from the scoreboard into the Kippax. A lot of money back then as a kid.
Jimmy Greaves debut for West Ham and he scored twice. I can still see the shocked suprise on Joe Corrigan's face as he finally heard us screaming "Look out!!!" and saw Ronnie Boyce's volley sailing over his head. Happy memories lol.

And the other joke that after the game he was in the dressing room, threw his head in his hands and missed ! However Joe then went on to become an absolute blue legend and one of our greats, loved by all blues !
He did that. When I started going in the early 80s he was one of my first heroes. I actually held up a letter on his return to City with Brighton with the junior blues. It read Welcome back Big Joe(or something very similar) what a fucking buzz that was for a 10 year old I'll tell ya.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.