Massacre on mud. Manchester City v West Ham 1970

On the Kippax for that one. The entire crowd was screaming at Joe Corrigan when he turned his back on the play but he didn't know why until the ball bobbled past him in to the net. I remember getting a bollocking off a teacher at school for doing what he did and I'd cleared the ball into the opposition half and we were on the attack.

Was this the game when Jimmy Greaves made his debut for West Ham and scored a couple?
Always remember Greavsie saying the Chelsea fans say he played his best football for Chelsea. The Tottenham fans say he played his best football for Tottenham and the West Ham fans agree with them.

Did the commentator call Mike Doyle “Tommy Doyle”??

Quite prescient, if he did!
"Tommy" was a nickname used for Mike from being a youngster. His Dad was a Police Sergeant and I think he may have been called Thomas and Mike became Young Tommy to family and friends. Possibly why the name Tommy was used for his grandson ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.