Mats Hummels

Re: Matts Hummels

sam-caddick said:
You cannot really compare players that get sold by Porto to Dortmund or the Bundesliga in general, Porto is a ridiculously expensive outlet to shop in.

I think the Bundesliga is overlooked by a lot of English teams personally, like Spain it has a lot of bargains in it and unless a player has an expensive buyout clause then you can usually get a very good deal out of the Bundesliga.

It's not merely about comparing the two transfers in isolation, the market is the market... we're not restricted from where we can buy (just how much we can spend this year). Hummels is hardly an unknown, he's been a star in one of the top sides in the Bundesliga and Europe. Therefore you'd think at 25 he's command top transfer fees rather than half the price of a defender who currently can't knock Sakho out of the national squad! ;)

GStar said:
Much as i hate to say it, Terry has been a top class defender for years, with very little pace.

Hummels for £16mil is a head scratcher (bargain!)... add that to our protracted attempts to sign a CB and then fees of c£35mil banded about for Mangala and i can't follow the logic.
If that really is the asking price, I would agree. And who knows, it could be in the pipeline. The Mangala transfer is dragging on a bit too much for comfort and he's not exactly helped it by his stated preferences for a move elsewhere.

GStar said:
sam-caddick said:
You cannot really compare players that get sold by Porto to Dortmund or the Bundesliga in general, Porto is a ridiculously expensive outlet to shop in.

I think the Bundesliga is overlooked by a lot of English teams personally, like Spain it has a lot of bargains in it and unless a player has an expensive buyout clause then you can usually get a very good deal out of the Bundesliga.

It's not merely about comparing the two transfers in isolation, the market is the market... we're not restricted from where we can buy (just how much we can spend this year). Hummels is hardly an unknown, he's been a star in one of the top sides in the Bundesliga and Europe. Therefore you'd think at 25 he's command top transfer fees rather than half the price of a defender who currently can't knock Sakho out of the national squad! ;)

I agree mate, what I meant was the Bundesliga is a very affordable shop and the clubs in that league very rarely seem to demand big fees unless the player in question has a buyout that the buying club is asked to meet, but even the buyouts are pretty reasonable in comparison, look at Reus, next season someone can buy him for €35m.

Porto and Benfica are very expensive shops and even average players get bought for ridiculous fees, had Mangala been in the Bundesliga I reckon we would have got him for half the fee we payed Porto.

GStar said:
Much as i hate to say it, Terry has been a top class defender for years, with very little pace.

Hummels for £16mil is a head scratcher (bargain!)... add that to our protracted attempts to sign a CB and then fees of c£35mil banded about for Mangala and i can't follow the logic.
Terry has been a top defender, but only in the right system. That's the problem with slow defenders, they limit your options on how you play. People mentioning Argentina with MDM and Garay, yet they also had to play incredibly deep to accomodate them, as Chelsea have had to with Terry. If you want to play attacking football, high up the pitch, then you need your centerbacks to not be a complete liability in behind them, which Hummels is. That is the reason the top clubs aren't all over him, because they know he will struggle in their systems, not to mention he's a fan of a massive error every now and again.

I'm no cynic said:
GStar said:

If that really is the asking price, I would agree. And who knows, it could be in the pipeline. The Mangala transfer is dragging on a bit too much for comfort and he's not exactly helped it by his stated preferences for a move elsewhere.
I wrote the above before reading up the Hummels transfer news, and the fact [???] that he is set to sign for the rags as caused me to have a rethink.

He's shite and a total waste of money!

If we bought him we'd have to have the defenders almost on the goal line to counter his serious lack of pace and that isn't how Pellegrini plays his football so there is zero chance of us going in for him. If he does come to the Premier League I think he will have a nasty shock as there are some seriously fast players in this league.

RandomJ said:
If we bought him we'd have to have the defenders almost on the goal line to counter his serious lack of pace and that isn't how Pellegrini plays his football so there is zero chance of us going in for him. If he does come to the Premier League I think he will have a nasty shock as there are some seriously fast players in this league.
Let's hope he does join the rags then!

Hummels may lack pace but he's a seriously good defender who would be a dramatic improvement to United's defence. He doesn't suit us, but I really hope they don't sign him.

I don't believe the rumours though. Dortmund would be mad to accept £16m with the prices being mooted and paid for CBs at the moment and he's already said this window that he doesn't see himself leaving and not to United.

I'm no cynic said:
RandomJ said:

Rubish de jongs never had pace his strength is his tackling and breaking up the play there was fast players in the prem when he was here last time .

birchwoodgingerste said:
I'm no cynic said:
RandomJ said:

Rubish de jongs never had pace his strength is his tackling and breaking up the play there was fast players in the prem when he was here last time .

Hummels ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.