MCFC charged again

Too late for this, I fear. They should have stamped out the kinda foulmouthed abuse Rooney was coming out with five or ten seasons ago. I remember coming home from an Etihad Derby that we won and saying to my Rag SiL that we won because Steve Bennett wouldn't let Rooney referee the game.

And besides, The FatScouseGit is now untouchable. He is part and parcel of the FArce establishment, as are all those who enter a footy pitch clad in scarlet.

Certainly the swearing at the ref (see Costa too on Saturday) could be cut out easily.

100%.

Plus......if Kevin had scored fron 2 yards agin the renters I believe I season could've been very different.

A 6 point swing in November & all that it would've entailed.
There is no doubt though that these decisions are having a material impact on this season with all that entails in prize money, league position and entry into the champions league. We surely have enough evidence to demonstrate why the hell the players might be upset at the award of a questionable penalty. They are human and I have seen far worse reactions this season that go unpunished. I really do think the club needs a serious sit down with FA/Riley and his cohorts, lay it all out and ask for some explanation.

There is a lot from rugby refereeing that football could learn. I used to think timekeeping was one of them until I saw the farcical end to the France Wales match on Saturday. I do like the seeming complete transparency though where you can hear what the referee is saying to players and other officials.

Can anyone see this appearing soon on a footy ground? The entire FArce committee would be spending the entire weekend on the crapper excavating their bowels. The sheer idea that games will end with a result that reflects what actually went on during the game is something their tiny minds just could not contemplate!

There wasn't a lot wrong with the timekeeping in France, although it looked odd.
Once the 80 minutes was up, play continued and a penalty meant another play until a score or some infringement by the French.
No other stoppage would make any difference to that, or to remaining time in the game, which I think is why the ref didn't bother stopping the clock.
Yeah, you are right mate. What looked really wrong was the concussion substitution which was iffy to say the least, then the repeated penalisation of Wales which kept the clock ticking. I think if anything the ref could have brought it to a close earlier by awarding a penalty try. It was warranted.

Can anyone see this appearing soon on a footy ground? The entire FArce committee would be spending the entire weekend on the crapper excavating their bowels. The sheer idea that games will end with a result that reflects what actually went on during the game is something their tiny minds just could not contemplate!
If only mate, if only

Yeah, you are right mate. What looked really wrong was the concussion substitution which was iffy to say the least, then the repeated penalisation of Wales which kept the clock ticking. I think if anything the ref could have brought it to a close earlier by awarding a penalty try. It was warranted.

A penalty try probably wasn't, but yes, another sinbin would have been fair, which would have probably ended things.
The HIA shenanigans were messy - I thought Barnes did the best he could at that - I think his very clear questions were more for observers benefit than anything else.

Been saying for a long time that football should take the best parts from rugby. However can you imagine this scenario from The King Power Stadium
Ref: I think Vardy has taken a dive and should be booked rather than award a penalty
Video Ref: No sorry, award the penalty as their owners have a large stake on a penalty being awarded in this half and them to win by two clear goals.
Ref: Thanks for confirming what I saw - stonewall penalty

Been saying for a long time that football should take the best parts from rugby. However can you imagine this scenario from The King Power Stadium
Ref: I think Vardy has taken a dive and should be booked rather than award a penalty
Video Ref: No sorry, award the penalty as their owners have a large stake on a penalty being awarded in this half and them to win by two clear goals.
Ref: Thanks for confirming what I saw - stonewall penalty

I can see it now:
"Your referee today is Anthony Taylor, the TMO is Richard Scudamore"

A penalty try probably wasn't, but yes, another sinbin would have been fair, which would have probably ended things.
The HIA shenanigans were messy - I thought Barnes did the best he could at that - I think his very clear questions were more for observers benefit than anything else.
Even though it was messy, it was transparent! I would take that in football 100%

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.