Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I think that’s shite. You’re buying in to the rhetoric around our “poor defence”. Simply not true. We are awesome going forward and now thankfully quite solid at the back. Owen was ponying out the standard Rag shit about our cavalier approach, compared to their calculating Uber football. Sigh.
I know we are awesome going forward, and we are solid one for one defensively too. But if you are intent on going toe for toe against an opponent, Real madrid, Barcelona, Bayern or PSG you can concede goals. Playing open attacking football can win you a lot of points and is a great way to win a league, but in a Cup, you lose one game and you are out, and if you go toe to toe you have to be the very best to win.

Are we the best team in europe? There are ways of winning the Champions League and no being the best in Europe. That is their point. And it is a genuine point. Real madrid will probably regroup. They have gotten complacent and their manager maybe needs to bring through Assensio, and drop one or two. Barca are still a force, and PSG most definitely are. Spurs beat Real Madrid but they were careful not to go toe to toe with them. They sat back and counter attacked them. Could we beat a Real madrid on full power. They had an off-day tonight.

I think we are very close to being the best in Europe at the moment. it is difficult to say. Napoli are the best in Serie A. We are the best in the Premier league. Spurs showed that Real madrid are beatable. barcelona are way ahead in La Liga but have looked very vulnerable

However form changes. The latter stages, semi-final etc are still a long way off. We maybe flying now but will we still be flying when it really matters?

It all remains to be seen. we've still got it all to prove and I hope the players are staying confident but very very determined.

I know we are awesome going forward, and we are solid one for one defensively too. But if you are intent on going toe for toe against an opponent, Real madrid, Barcelona, Bayern or PSG you can concede goals. Playing open attacking football can win you a lot of points and is a great way to win a league, but in a Cup, you lose one game and you are out, and if you go toe to toe you have to be the very best to win.

Are we the best team in europe? There are ways of winning the Champions League and no being the best in Europe. That is their point. And it is a genuine point. Real madrid will probably regroup. They have gotten complacent and their manager maybe needs to bring through Assensio, and drop one or two. Barca are still a force, and PSG most definitely are. Spurs beat Real Madrid but they were careful not to go toe to toe with them. They sat back and counter attacked them. Could we beat a Real madrid on full power. They had an off-day tonight.

I don't want to credit that post with a reply because it doesn't deserve one.

However the simple short answer is yes. We clearly believe in our ability and Pep only plays one way. Always has.

If you want a pragmatic approach then jog on over to the other side of town where you'll see plenty of it.

I don't want to credit that post with a reply because it doesn't deserve one.

However the simple short answer is yes. We clearly believe in our ability and Pep only plays one way. Always has.

If you want a pragmatic approach then jog on over to the other side of town where you'll see plenty of it.
I wouldn't want to play any other way, but if you play full on all out attacking football, you can come a cropper in the Champions League when to win it you will more than likely play a real madrid or barcelona. I did not say I wanted a pragmatic approach. I am fully aware that Guardiola has his style of play.

Pep nearly always wins his domestic league. He has the best record in world football at that. His record in Champions League knock out football isn't so good because when you play such an open game there is an inherent risk.

Utd are worse than pragmatic. You are being generous. i would say Spurs are pragmatic. Chelsea are pragmatic. Utd will defend against any half decent team. Even playing against Benfica was boring.

I wouldn't want to play any other way, but if you play full on all out attacking football, you can come a cropper in the Champions League when to win it you will more than likely play a real madrid or barcelona. I did not say I wanted a pragmatic approach. I am fully aware that Guardiola has his style of play.

Pep nearly always wins his domestic league. He has the best record in world football at that. His record in Champions League knock out football isn't so good because when you play such an open game there is an inherent risk.

Utd are worse than pragmatic. You are being generous. i would say Spurs are pragmatic. Chelsea are pragmatic. Utd will defend against any half decent team. Even playing against Benfica was boring.

This post is akin to rags desperately pointing out that we will, at some point, have a bad spell and then the wheels will come off, however failing to recognise that that they themselves will have a shit spell.

Can you not 'come a cropper' playing defensive football? Did Real Madrid win the last two Champions Leagues by being defensive and pragmatic, or with free flowing football?

Posts like this do my head in because it just seems like you're covering bases: if we do go out at some point, you can say "I told you being defensive and pragmatic wins you cups", and if we win nobody will remember such a pointless post.

Anybody can lose at any point in a cup competetion regardless of a team's particular style of play, but if you check the teams of the last 10 years who have won the thing, attacking teams have won more than defensive teams.

You're either a WUM, or you seriosuly need to consider therapy...and I mean seriously!!

You try to find a negative in everything.

Either get some help or do us all a favour and keep your negative thoughts to yourself. How the fu## did you get through the bad times, or were you in your element?

Holy fu#k man.

Was listening to talk shite this morning on way into work and an a city fan had the audacity to suggest RM champions league win was "history" and our result was better than Spurs because they were playing pants and Napoli are flying. Should have seen that fat weapon Alan Brazil. "history!!! history!!! what have city won in europe!!" properly showing his true colours haha was glorious. He was triggered good and proper.
giphy.gif

Am I allowed to threaten violence (verbal violence) if I ever come across that stupid fool Keane? Is it against the spirit of Blue Moon (Ric)?

I can tell you now that he is in for an onslaught if I ever meet the jealous rag personage!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.