Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duncan Castle's weird Mou fetish aside, I can't think of any journos who have criticised us unfairly this season. There have been games where we've not been as good as others and you can make that distinction because our level has been so high this season. As a journo you'd want to try write something insightful and suggestive of change rather than a copy and paste match report saying we've won again for the 18th time in a row. Each game is different as is each performance.

I bet you at the Sports writers awards or whatever they're called Pep will win manager of the year and KDB will win player of the year. If there's a young player of the year Sane will probably win that, too.

don't bank on it mate, they are already talking up dyche for manager of the year and kdb is up against the media darlings kane and salah

The likelihood is that Sky wouldn't dedicate 20 minutes to how Sanchez would improve City's attack. That's the issue.

And before you start throwing insults around such as people wearing tinfoil on their heads let me point out that I know its not an anti City agenda, it's just business, pandering to their customer base.
Maybe you're right, I don't know. I'll take your word that an entire 20 minutes was used up. As with Talk Sport, The Sun et al. I don't understand why people watch SSN. It's dog shit TV and they rely on awful ex-pros who pissed away all their money on ponzi schemes and watches. Watching it is like having a lobotomy.

Duncan Castle's weird Mou fetish aside, I can't think of any journos who have criticised us unfairly this season. There have been games where we've not been as good as others and you can make that distinction because our level has been so high this season. As a journo you'd want to try write something insightful and suggestive of change rather than a copy and paste match report saying we've won again for the 18th time in a row. Each game is different as is each performance.

I bet you at the Sports writers awards or whatever they're called Pep will win manager of the year and KDB will win player of the year. If there's a young player of the year Sane will probably win that, too.

You can't seriously believe that??? There's been just two occasions in recent memory where the manager that won the league didn't win manager of the year, no prizes for guessing which two years.

I still can't see anything positive from the Sanchez debacle. We looked like we got him, now he's with the last team in the world we would ever want to have bragging rights over us or to improve their team, and whether the bullshit in the media is true or not we will now see bollocks about him snubbing us, not being able to afford top players and/or being less attractive than the fucking vermin in Trafford.

It also sends a message to top players and their agents that if they want top money they don't come to us. Like it or not money is how you get the very best players, and everytime one goes to those bastards instead of us it's fucking galling.

In my opinion, one that it seems most on here don't share, until we start showing the nous to understand that image and commercial pull are important then we'll struggle to overturn that extra £100m turnover or however much it is that those cünts have on us. We really should be doing everything we can to crush them while we have the advantage of a better team, manager and strong finances, before UEFA concoct some other dubious financial shit to keep the rags and the Spanish giants, etc at the top.

We should, in my humble opinion, be doing it like PSG do. I see no sanctions on them. And a star signing will send such a message to the rag bastards as well as pretenders like Liverpool that they cannot touch us. In my opinion we should have paid whatever it took for Sanchez, and if KDB and co wanted the same then give it them too. We must surely be able to afford it.

IMO, Get a fucking grip.

Spending huge money as they're doing on 'marquee' signings send signals only to players who aren't interested in anything but their own ego, fuck 'em, we're building a team of young hungry players who play for each other, let them build a shite team of 'galatico's'

You can't seriously believe that??? There's been just two occasions in recent memory where the manager that won the league didn't win manager of the year, no prizes for guessing which two years.

Pellegrini even won a double that year.

With Pep winning a record four MotM awards it’s hard to surpass him. And because it’s Pep they will let him have it rather than someone else overtaking Pellegrini who was simply too decent to argue on what was a total farce.

Last edited:
Would you be saying that if he'd signed for City? Of course you wouldn't.

But of course we wouldn't have got Higginbottam or anyone else on $ky saying how he would improve our attack. It would have been a mere mention and then a 20 minute piece on how Pogba is back to his best ready for next season.

Genuine question, what am I missing that you all seem to want for City? Surely everyone would love to see us fauned over and win everything consistently while utd languish in debt and dissaray in about 17th place?
I'd like our supporters to be able to criticise shit articles and press about us without other supporters trying to make out it's all in our heads and we should just sit back and accept it.

There are two awards every year. One is voted for by the league managers association and is for the manager of the year across all 4 divisions and the other is voted for by a panel appointed by Barclays (or whoever happens to be sponsoring the PL). Neither have anything to do with the media. The year the panel voted for Pardew and Pulis the LMA voted for Pardew and Rogers.

There are two awards every year. One is voted for by the league managers association and is for the manager of the year across all 4 divisions and the other is voted for by a panel appointed by Barclays (or whoever happens to be sponsoring the PL). Neither have anything to do with the media. The year the panel voted for Pardew and Pulis the LMA voted for Pardew and Rogers.

I wouldn't go so far as saying neither have anything to do with the media.

So whatever it was that influenced these two independent bodies to vote on only two occasions for anybody other than the title winning manager (both times coming in years City won the league) it wasn't the media - is that what you are saying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.