MEN - United have "embarrassed" City over academy graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm not sure that's the case. Players like Rashford,Lingard have been instrumental in Uniteds success over the last couple of years and has improved the squad no end.

And that has happened historically with players like Johnny Evans, Wes Brown etc who although found their level later on contributed to Uniteds success whilst there.

As for the reality there are loads of players in our squad not good enough for our level but we have paid decent money for them and they will have to be moved on. No different to playing kids who eventually need moving on and also gives a statement to any parents they will be given an opportunity. Also as we have seen with players like Rashford, Kane they might just play at the level and highlight they are more than good enough.

I know its not PL but we have just forked out 43M for B.Silva from Monaco who actually have their business plan to buy young players, give them game time then sell them on. We may yet buy our second player from Monaco brought along in similar fashion.

Surely our Academy was built with a similar style in mind because if Monaco can do it to make money surely we should be able to find talented PL capable stars for the future?

Barker had his chance at Rotherham and didn't pull up any trees in what turned out to be a very short loan! And the others you mentioned, exactly what have they done (Denayer apart) since. Denayer was a strange one, from POS at Celtic to an indifferent season (he couldn't get a guaranteed start at Sunderland) and now the latest. Possibly there is more to Denayer than we are privileged to know.

Barker played a total of 109 mins for Rotherham.

This was during 90 of them.

After that his game time was 4 mins, 14 mins & 2 mins.

Some 'chance' that was.

The 'timescale gap', implies that Utd had talent & we didn't.

I'm saying the opposite is true, we had the talent, they had the guts to play theirs & theirs became adult footballers whilst ours dropped in standard & left for obscurity.

I'm also saying, it will destroy the future of our academy, if we don't change quickly.

We didn't before the real investment started. The better kids were scouted & signed by rags.

For me it'll be a sad day when the media start to pander to us.

I genuinely enjoy being the media's pantomime villains, it does not affect my life and my enjoyment of watching City (and in my opinion the club or the team) one iota and never will

We didn't before the real investment started. The better kids were scouted & signed by rags.

City have had top kids since before there was an academy, never mind before the investment.

It's nonsense. They had a brief period of superiority with the Beckham era, which was a fightback against us with Lakey etc & is exactly what they are trying to do now, whilst we sleep. Even then they pinched Giggs off us.

Barker 100% wasn't given chances when he needed them. He was put on the bench for something like 10 games without ever getting on, played EDS football for another year, got more and more frustrated, eventually forced through a loan move to Rotherham, which was always gonna be a terrible idea and now is going through the motions. You've gotta strike while the iron is hot, not while it's cooled down and while the players have lost their momentum through feeling that their best won't ever be good enough. And it's not just Barker, see Kean Bryan, see Thierry Ambrose, see Gunn and so on. Lopes actually did fantastically well at 17, creating two...then disappeared. Loads were doing excellent things at 17/18. None of them got a chance when they were warranting it and instead faffed around. Just a couple of sub appearances is all it would have taken. We had Ambrose on the bench, 3-0 up at home to WBA. He was flying...we brought on Sinclair instead for 20 minutes. A man who left the club two months later anyway. Why? Just why? And dont say to put him in the shop window cos that's a load of bollocks. It's just managers being terrible at integration.
In days gone by he would have got more game time but in the current set up the simple fact is that he and to date most of the academy graduates are just not good enough to displace players with sound international experience. I only saw two live youth games this year (plus the two televised games against Chelsea) but imo at most 2 or 3 have any chance of playing first team football for City. I agree it must be very frustrating for these guys as to show their worth they have to have a chance to show their worth. The ones going out on loan don't seem to be able to do enough to justify inclusion either. As I have said on many occasions in the past our academy is a stand alone business and most certainly is not a fast track to first team action.

In days gone by he would have got more game time but in the current set up the simple fact is that he and to date most of the academy graduates are just not good enough to displace players with sound international experience. I only saw two live youth games this year (plus the two televised games against Chelsea) but imo at most 2 or 3 have any chance of playing first team football for City. I agree it must be very frustrating for these guys as to show their worth they have to have a chance to show their worth. The ones going out on loan don't seem to be able to do enough to justify inclusion either. As I have said on many occasions in the past our academy is a stand alone business and most certainly is not a fast track to first team action.

If that is indeed the case it makes you wonder why Khaldoon said he wants a team with local players in it, even up to half of the squad. It also makes you wonder why they brought in people who were responsible for making La Masia as good as it was under Pep, and why they spent so much money in revamping the coaching and trying to model the La Masia template that so brought through so many players...unless Khaldoon was just....lying? Surely not...

The problem we (and Chelsea) have is a very good first team and a very good youth set up and no bridge between the two. Barca have a true B team playing at a good level to allow players to get proper game time. Until we are allowed a B team in the league (or a true feeder club owned and run by us) the only real option is to send them out on loan to get experience but this depends on the loan club playing them.

City have had top kids since before there was an academy, never mind before the investment.

It's nonsense. They had a brief period of superiority with the Beckham era, which was a fightback against us with Lakey etc & is exactly what they are trying to do now, whilst we sleep. Even then they pinched Giggs off us.

Don't agree. We had one or two but since 70s & a brief spell early 80s our kids were "good" compared with the general standard within the club. Lakey and .......who else would have got in a team winning the league & in the European Cup????? However, as I keep stressing - the standards have improved throughout the club since 2008 & I expect some of the U16s & one or two others to feature soon.

There's a beautiful fascination witnessing the newspaper industry enter the early stages of its death throes, but the MEN seems to aspire to speeding up that end process.
I have some jelly and ice cream somewhere that I will gladly put to use should the MUEN finally go under. I was saving it but this would be too good to let pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.