Merry bloody Xmas - no heating or hot water!

Get down to B&Q and get a couple of stand alone radiators that you plug in and keep one room warm,i have one for when my boiler plays up and you'll always have them as back up in future
Good thinking. Got a couple of fitted electric fires and the engineer left a fan heater but that sounds a good idea as well. Thanks and I take it all back about the kinky cat woman!

Good thinking. Got a couple of fitted electric fires and the engineer left a fan heater but that sounds a good idea as well. Thanks and I take it all back about the kinky cat woman!
I'd go for fan heaters or at least something convective, if I were you.
You don't want to fuck about waiting to feel the effects of your 30p an hour.

Might have been a month ago but ours broke literally a week after I'd changed insurance company. The previous company just came out and fixed it under the emergency cover part of the policy. This new lot said it's in the terms and conditions that you need a service certificate for the boiler from the last 12 months otherwise you're not covered. I went ape shit. I said the terms and conditions you send me AFTER I sign up?? I left proper ripping comment about them on a review site, it was then they got in touch and apologised but we were still without hot water and heating for 5 days and there are 2 people with disabilities in the house as well. They fixed it and gave us £300 compensation.
Literally a day after it was fixed our new boiler was fitted that had been planned for a few weeks anyway. Lol.

Still, its a bastard using the kettle to wash up and hot water bottles to keep warm. In the end we spent probably £300 on take outs!

Get down to B&Q and get a couple of stand alone radiators that you plug in and keep one room warm,i have one for when my boiler plays up and you'll always have them as back up in future
Do you mean the ones with oil in that retain heat longer?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.