Merry bloody Xmas - no heating or hot water!

Do you mean the ones with oil in that retain heat longer?
I don't know what's in it,mine is really old,wack it on high and shut the door and it really heats the room up,very effective and safe to leave on at night if you want to
Just had a look at new ones and they are oil filled

Just had the annual service on the boiler and was told it was leaking carbon monoxide and had to be shut down and disconnected from the gas supply. So going into Xmas with no central heating or hot water and nothing can be done for another week. The boiler was pretty old and better safe than sorry I suppose but we're supposed to be moving out in a month or so and really didn't want to have to spend money on a new boiler. And we don't have an immersion heater so no alternative source of hot water.

The upside is that British Gas said they'll do it for half price as it's an old boiler and I'm going to ask the buyers for half of that so it's hopefully not that bad a hit. Plus it looks like it's going to be quite mild. Ah well, they say central heating is unhealthy....
Hope you`re no paying any insurance cover with Corgi ? In late Oct to late November (just gone) we had neither for 34 days.Honestly !! Fucking nightmare with `em the wankers.

I noticed a smell of gas coming from the meter a few months ago. From ringing BG to them completing the replacement of the meter took 20mins.

Just had the annual service on the boiler and was told it was leaking carbon monoxide and had to be shut down and disconnected from the gas supply. So going into Xmas with no central heating or hot water and nothing can be done for another week. The boiler was pretty old and better safe than sorry I suppose but we're supposed to be moving out in a month or so and really didn't want to have to spend money on a new boiler. And we don't have an immersion heater so no alternative source of hot water.

The upside is that British Gas said they'll do it for half price as it's an old boiler and I'm going to ask the buyers for half of that so it's hopefully not that bad a hit. Plus it looks like it's going to be quite mild. Ah well, they say central heating is unhealthy....

Have yer got an electric kettle, PB? Won't take long to fill up a bath using a kettle!

I noticed a smell of gas coming from the meter a few months ago. From ringing BG to them completing the replacement of the meter took 20mins.

I called out the gas leak people. They are there in a jiffy. Didn't find one. Was only after they were off down the road that I realised I'd put some grass mowings in a bin bag in the garage!

They don't like a house blowing up because of a gas leak. There was one blew up in Newton Heath a while back. The copper I knew was despatched to keep the ghouls at bay, asked the gasman if it was alright. Oh yeah, he says. Copper starts to eat his chip shop curry and BOOM. House went up and he had his tea all down his uniform! He was lucky it was only a curry!

59d25b3140b8b3a2c0718669bac44bc3.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Get down to B&Q and get a couple of stand alone radiators that you plug in and keep one room warm,i have one for when my boiler plays up and you'll always have them as back up in future
You'll always have them for boilergate:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.