Messi Oh Dear

danburge82 said:
Forzacitizens said:
danburge82 said:
Ten games against English teams; one goal.

he scored 4 against Arsenal and twice against United in the two champions league finals
Arsenal! I forgot about games against Arsenal for some reason.

But he scored one header against United in the final in 2009 (which was the one goal I was counting before I remembered Arsenal). Last year Villa got two and Pedro one, Messi didn't score.

He did mate, he blasted one in to make it 2-1

jetjock said:
Blue Hefner said:
He'd never be able to hack it on a wet Wednesday night in Stoke, he's a flat track bully. What is his scoring record V Chelsea again???
doesn't it rain in Barcelona then ??

*Looking for sarcasm button*

Best ever without debate.

Just hope he fancies a swan song in the Prem and we get him for a few years.

Sparkys-Army said:
dobobobo said:
Luke The Blue said:
And the guys amazing just thought I would say take mind off things for like 1-5mins

Aye but he doesn't play for City. And as much as Barca is my second team, he's only every played for one team and therefore cannot be regarding as the greatest player in the world.

I like Messi, but their is a section for wanking over him scoring four goals and this aint the one.

How come Barca are your second team?

Because I identify with the Catalan people.

Because I like their history.

Because I like La Liga and watching it sitting in my arm chair meant I had the most exposure to Barca and Real Madrid.

danburge82 said:
Forzacitizens said:
danburge82 said:

he scored 4 against Arsenal and twice against United in the two champions league finals

But he scored one header against United in the final in 2009 (which was the one goal I was counting before I remembered Arsenal). Last year Villa got two and Pedro one, Messi didn't score.

Messi got one last year HA!

Bilboblue said:
dobobobo said:
Luke The Blue said:
And the guys amazing just thought I would say take mind off things for like 1-5mins

Aye but he doesn't play for City. And as much as Barca is my second team, he's only every played for one team and therefore cannot be regarding as the greatest player in the world.

I like Messi, but their is a section for wanking over him scoring four goals and this aint the one.

what a complete crock of shit that comment is.

Why is it? Pray do explain your throw away comment.

Same can be said of Feruson. In this modern game I can't see how players can be considered the greatest if they just stick with one club. Each league is different and IMO a greatest player is one who can prove he can play in a number of them.

Like another poster correctly pointed out. How great has Messi been against Chelsea?

72 goals and 29 assists this year for his club, top scorer in the champions league for the last 4 seasons, top goalscorer in Barcelona history, most league goals in a Spanish season - breaking record after record and yet he still needs to prove himself in the Premier League?

danburge82 said:
Forzacitizens said:
danburge82 said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwtaqt50aHQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwtaqt50 ... ata_player</a>

dobobobo said:
Bilboblue said:
dobobobo said:

Same can be said of Feruson. In this modern game I can't see how players can be considered the greatest if they just stick with one club. Each league is different and IMO a greatest player is one who can prove he can play in a number of them.

Like another poster correctly pointed out. How great has Messi been against Chelsea?

Oh dear.

Scotland_WC2010 said:
72 goals and 29 assists this year for his club, top scorer in the champions league for the last 4 seasons, top goalscorer in Barcelona history, most league goals in a Spanish season - breaking record after record and yet he still needs to prove himself in the Premier League?

Yes for the simple clear fact that it is a different league and this is modern football. Hell he's never played a professional game for a team in Argentina!<br /><br />-- Sun May 06, 2012 10:51 am --<br /><br />
GazC said:
dobobobo said:
Bilboblue said:

Oh dear.

You got nothing then.

Great post!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.