Messi Oh Dear

Since Guardiola took charge of Barcelona and Messi became the player he has done thanks to both his own unique ability and system employed under Guardiola which has allowed him to flourish, Lionel Messi has scored 8 goals in 10 games against English clubs. (6 vs Arsenal, 2 vs United) Only team he hasn't scored against in that time are Chelsea (4 games). I guess many will say he hasn't done it against Chelsea but I don't buy it. It's a little bit of a bogey team but on another day, he scores 2/3 goals. Chelsea did not stop Messi, he had 3 clear cut chances, (penalty off the bar, side netting right foot and left foot shot saved by legs of Cech) as well as hitting the inside of the post from 20 yards. Another day, they allow him the same number of chances, he'd score at least two of them. He wasn't constantly nullified or marked out the game because of great English Premier league defending. Simply, he missed his chances. Now, I've seen enough of Lionel Messi to know that usually in the big games, he takes those chances.

Look at United in either final, countless semi/quarter finals Champions League, countless Real Madrid encounters, including Champions League semi final. This wasn't down to him not being able to cut it vs a specific team and being stopped. He just simply had a bad day in front of goal which will happen to any player, however great.

I have no doubts he'd score a helluva lot of goals and also create a lot of goals also in the Premier League, he's simply too good not to. He doesn't need to prove anything.

Villan10 said:
Since Guardiola took charge of Barcelona and Messi became the player he has done thanks to both his own unique ability and system employed under Guardiola which has allowed him to flourish, Lionel Messi has scored 8 goals in 10 games against English clubs. (6 vs Arsenal, 2 vs United) Only team he hasn't scored against in that time are Chelsea (4 games). I guess many will say he hasn't done it against Chelsea but I don't buy it. It's a little bit of a bogey team but on another day, he scores 2/3 goals. Chelsea did not stop Messi, he had 3 clear cut chances, (penalty off the bar, side netting right foot and left foot shot saved by legs of Cech) as well as hitting the inside of the post from 20 yards. Another day, they allow him the same number of chances, he'd score at least two of them. He wasn't constantly nullified or marked out the game because of great English Premier league defending. Simply, he missed his chances. Now, I've seen enough of Lionel Messi to know that usually in the big games, he takes those chances.

Look at United in either final, countless semi/quarter finals Champions League, countless Real Madrid encounters, including Champions League semi final. This wasn't down to him not being able to cut it vs a specific team and being stopped. He just simply had a bad day in front of goal which will happen to any player, however great.

I have no doubts he'd score a helluva lot of goals and also create a lot of goals also in the Premier League, he's simply too good not to. He doesn't need to prove anything.

It should also be mentioned that even though he scores alot of goals, he isnt merely a goal scorer, like a typical striker. He is also a provider, and many of his greatest games he hasnt scored, but caused havoc and destroyed the opposition. Judging him purely based on whether he scores in a match or not is very superficial.

Somud said:
Villan10 said:

It should also be mentioned that even though he scores alot of goals, he isnt merely a goal scorer, like a typical striker. He is also a provider, and many of his greatest games he hasnt scored, but caused havoc and destroyed the opposition. Judging him purely based on whether he scores in a match or not is very superficial.

He's amazing at throughballs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.