Metro Tram stop at COMS - Etihad

Holcombe bloo said:
how many people does a double tram hold? did someone say they will have four of these waiting straight after the game?

About 400. 450 at an absolute squeeze. So almost 2000 waiting at the game then I assume every 6 minutes thereafter.

For those of us in South Manchester it will be a godsend

The cookie monster said:
Munkey Boy said:
Lucky13 said:
Fair point , but how is the tram going to be any better?
About two thirds of the Ashton line will not be shared with traffic, so no congestion. Journey times will come down significantly.
But it wont beat a 12 min train journey into town for £3 will it..
No, if you're in Ashton wanting to go to town, the train will still be your best bet. Tram is there for all the things in between, including the stadium.

with a bit of luck, the people the tram is good for won't be using their cars, and make driving to games easier for those of us for whom the tram isn't relevant.

I live in sale and probably wont be using it. Have always found it expensive and unreliable. I bet it will be close to a fiver return and with four in the car doesn't make sense - unless the car park fee goes up !

GerryGowsRusholmeBoy said:
I live in sale and probably wont be using it. Have always found it expensive and unreliable. I bet it will be close to a fiver return and with four in the car doesn't make sense - unless the car park fee goes up !

its worth a fiver to not sit in that traffic after a game, you can get a beer too.

Does anybody have any news on when the tram line from Piccadilly to the stadium is opening? All I can find online is that they were testing the line in June

Gingers Dad said:
Does anybody have any news on when the tram line from Piccadilly to the stadium is opening? All I can find online is that they were testing the line in June

it's going to be the end of this year now, not enough trams and not enough drivers yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.