Micah Richards is not a Centre Half

Micah has always been an athlete, this year his 'improved' physique has come at the expense of his pace, which often saved him when caught out of position.

What has not happened, is his intellectual development as a player. He does not read the game any better than he used to do (very poorly), his positioning sense is sub-standard, and his concentration poor. At times he is as nigh on calamitous as Bramble.

He might look the part, but his football brain is no better than lower league. He needs major development here, and i'm not so sure he has the time to do it.

Deyna said:
Micah has everything to be a top centre-half. Why he has been so average this season puzzles me. Lack of confidence? Looked slow at Hawthorns - too much weight-training? I dunno. But he's the biggest defender-talent we've had for the last 30 years so hang in there and pray he'll find his old self. Personally I hope Dunne soon will be finished and Kompany comes back in defence.

To be a top centre half you need strength, pace, awareness, posistional knowledge and the ability to be comfortable on the ball. Micah has the first two and thats it. He can learn the latter three but seems like he cant be arsed.

Class is permanent, form is temporary. Positional sense can be learnt and improved on as more experience is gained.

If half of you were managing City, we'd have let Ireland and Richards go by now. Have abit of foresight FFS. Richards will develop into an unbelievably good CB. He only turned 20 this year!

ElanJo said:
Class is permanent, form is temporary. Positional sense can be learnt and improved on as more experience is gained.

If half of you were managing City, we'd have let Ireland and Richards go by now. Have abit of foresight FFS. Richards will develop into an unbelievably good CB. He only turned 20 this year!

I and others saw something in Ireland. He just needed to have some self belief and bulk up abit. Micah Richards is bulked up and has self belief but does not have half the talent Ireland has to back it up or even sugges that he will get better in time.

Immaculate Pasta said:
ElanJo said:

I and others saw something in Ireland. He just needed to have some self belief and bulk up abit. Micah Richards is bulked up and has self belief but does not have half the talent Ireland has to back it up or even sugges that he will get better in time.

Whats the point in comparing an AM with a CB?

Anyway, lets see who is proven right in the future....

ElanJo said:
Immaculate Pasta said:

Whats the point in comparing an AM with a CB?

Anyway, lets see who is proven right in the future....

You're the one that mentioned both players by saying if some of us had it our way then both would of been out long ago, i was only saying that i and a few others saw something in Ireland whereas i cannot see anything in Richards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.