Millwall being forced to move

As much as I - and most of you, I imagine - hate Millwall, I find this absolutely reprehensible.

It's scandalous that an individual or a council, can decide, at the stroke of a pen, to destroy the history and heritage of a football club and the memories and dreams of an entire group of supporters.

Scumbag politicians and developers.

As much as I - and most of you, I imagine - hate Millwall, I find this absolutely reprehensible.

It's scandalous that an individual or a council, can decide, at the stroke of a pen, to destroy the history and heritage of a football club and the memories and dreams of an entire group of supporters.

Scumbag politicians and developers.
But if you had to pick one club for it to happen to...

Got to have some sympathy towards to ****s....
It was bad enough for us moving from maine rd to the city of Manchester /etihad/east lands what ever it's called
Couldn't agree more

I know we had to move for so many reasons but Christ do I miss Maine Rd. Especialy being able to walk in damn near any direction and come across decent pubs.

A few things about the reporting don't stack up, though the ****ish behaviour of the council can't be questioned.
The OP said they could be moved "100 miles to Kent", but a report linked later said "up to 75 miles" in Kent. I think I'm right in saying Millwall play in the Football League and the FL have set the limits of ground moves to 30 miles following the huge amount of criticism they received after allowing the Wombles to move to MK. Cov got away with 35 miles to Northampton but even the FL know 70 odd miles is significantly more than 30. Sharing with Charlton or Palace would make more sense but I doubt either set of fans would want it. Could generate some income though.

A few things about the reporting don't stack up, though the ****ish behaviour of the council can't be questioned.
The OP said they could be moved "100 miles to Kent", but a report linked later said "up to 75 miles" in Kent. I think I'm right in saying Millwall play in the Football League and the FL have set the limits of ground moves to 30 miles following the huge amount of criticism they received after allowing the Wombles to move to MK. Cov got away with 35 miles to Northampton but even the FL know 70 odd miles is significantly more than 30. Sharing with Charlton or Palace would make more sense but I doubt either set of fans would want it. Could generate some income though.
Sharing with Charlton would be hilarious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.