Monarch Airlines (In Administration)

ahh but will the Ryan Air flight go ?? O'Leary could solve his pilot shortage if he's a bit fleet of foot here surely?

Apparently not, their planes are different to the Monarch fleet. I thought planes were all pretty much similar in terms of who can fly them but it seems not. Retraining required.

Apparently not, their planes are different to the Monarch fleet. I thought planes were all pretty much similar in terms of who can fly them but it seems not. Retraining required.

Of course I anticipated conversion courses and the like would be needed but as Ryan Air has reportedly spent 2017 scouring the world for qualified pilots to have the 5th largest fleet go bust on your doorstep must be a Billy Bonus for the beleaguered Mr O'Leary?

Thoughts to all the staff who have lost their jobs. I know of two people who worked for them, hope they get themselves alternative employment sorted soon

The Gatwick slots will be appealing I imagine. I expect various parts of the business will be fought over and snapped up.

Other than the slots and staff there isn't much left of the business to salvage, the planes were sold and leased back long ago. The only profitable arm is the engineering/maintenance part of the business but I believe that is a separate entity and will continue.

This has been coming for a long time, short haul is easier and cheaper but it is never going to work if you can't compete on price. The final nail was crashing their long haul business in favour of short haul at a time when people started to avoid places like Egypt and Turkey in favour of going further afield to Mexico etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.