Mr Bates vs the Post Office

ahhh - so didn't jump off a cliff - was shot in the back of the head in a watery ditch - just handed a brandy and told what she needed would be on the desk waiting with two rounds that could be loaded before use.

Why two? No guarantee the likes of her wouldn't miss with just the one.
Along with her directorships at Dunelm and Morrisons although she seems to be making a comeback dies Ms Vennells CBE

Horizon is the name of the software its Fujitsu that need to be called to account

I agree Fujitsu need to be held to account but the handling of cases within the Post Office also needs investigation and people held equally to account.

And the Post Office as they ignored the postmasters who claimed there were faults in the Horizon software.

Watched the first episode last night and the PO status as cunts of the highest order was shown quite clearly. - I didn't really learn anything new as I saw a documentary about it around 12-18 months ago.
Not all convicted postmasters have been cleared and while some compo has ben paid the figures seem quite low compared to the losses incurred. The PO doesn't have the money to pay any more and the government doesn't seem interested in making a contribution, probably because the postmasters weren't party donors.
Meanwhile, Paula Vennells, former PO head honcho during some of the scandal still has her CBE and collected £400,000 in pay and bonuses during her final year. The only good news is that she's now seen as toxic and has resigned from a couple of other high paying positions.

When Courts award compensation they don’t consider an organisations ability to pay. If it bankrupts the now privatised Post Office so be it.

probably some wording in the privatisation as there was with everything else that the private side takes the bunce the public purse takes the losses and liabilities

You are probably right. The government sold the Post Office but kept the ongoing pension liability.

An interesting point on Adam Crozier (yes the ex FA chairmain, ex chairman of Royal Mail and ITV and now chairman of BT group).
His rather nasty on-the-record comments about the postmasters in this case have been removed from the TV show. I wonder why? Is it because he has friends at ITV?
IMG_59971.jpgIMG_59971.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.