Napoli (A) Post Match Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by FantasyIreland, 1 Nov 2017.

1. bluevengence

bluevengence

[​IMG]

2. karen7

karen7

PEP: Napoli had conceded three goals all season at home - we scored four. In games like that, it’s about mentality.

3. sir baconface

sir baconface

GPC, FOC and bar
    Cheers, FD. I hadn’t followed the situation closely but that’s a useful explanation.

Speaking generally, I agree with you totally about the rules of engagement as a guest on a forum. Sometimes it’s a fine line between offering fair criticism and overstepping the mark. I’ve noticed one or two blues on rag caf going into such contortions that they disappear up their own arses and look stupid. Not sure why they even bother.

4. Chi-town blues

Chi-town blues

He can fuck off to Barca forum for all I care. He is bitter about pep dumping Barca and looking for every opportunity to wind us .

5. sir baconface

sir baconface

GPC, FOC and bar
    Remember the old days when European away ties were about striving for 0-0 draws? (Not that we graced Europe much at that time.)

Pep doesn’t know what he’s doing.

6. KS55

KS55

You're absolutely right, the man is clueless, a complete fraud. What the hell does he think he's doing ? Four goals away to the unbeaten leaders of Seria A. Whats all that about ?
    PEP OUT. Bring back Swales

Last edited: 3 Nov 2017
  7. Maldeika

Maldeika

You do not stay 3 years in a project for which you prepare yourself 9 months that is just a stop-gap - or you see every job as a stop-gap but then City for sure is not the final destination either. For Pep the Bayern job was the ideal job after Barcelona. Some forget that he still is a very young coach who does his third job. Even if his main idea to have the ball has not changed - he has made a big development in Munich, too.

Why I posted is because people try to paint both jobs and clubs and the situations black and white. None is either - they are different.

But - as much as I see coaching is that what he lives for - that is the centre for him - not the stuff around. And that is where I might see the biggest problems with your wish for a long stay in City. I do not see him taking up a different job (or let us say profession) as he loves to work with the players, to develop them, to work out tactics - and do not think he is so wrong with the thinking that somewhen there is a time where the players are tired of him and he will not be able to improve much anymore. He said about that that after the three years (let it be four or five) either most of the players have to change or he has to get out. That was what he did in Barcelona, that is what he did at Bayern.

I do not think he was wrong with that - at Bayern the problem was just that to take Ancelotti as next coach was the big mistake.

And yes, let us talk about it in some years - because we are just guessing.

8. Dribble

Dribble

Absolutely agreed.

I was in & out of the Pep contract thread, but I was surprised at some fans thinking if we win nowt this season, the season would be a disaster & Pep's position should be under review. Under review to be replace by whom exactly?

I've said it before & I repeat, I'd be disappointed, but perfectly OK if Pep won nothing this season or next for that matter. I've always looked toward season 2019-2020 to be the one whereby Pep can be judged fairly after being given the time to turn around the car crash he inherited. HOWEVER, if we start winning titles and trophies before then, I'd be more than delighted, BUT even then I don't believe we'll see the full potential of this team until 2019 at the earliest, but i'm certainly having fun watching them grow in the meantime.

I suppose it comes down to whether you can play the long game, or whether you shoot your load after 2 shakes of your arse. :-)

9. BringBackSwales

BringBackSwales

Here I am

10. Dribble

Dribble

I'm talking in particular about Manchester City when Pep left Barca. This is no sleight on Bayern (because it could have been any other team), BUT it emerged some time later that City made an approach to Guardiola in 2012 and things were in place for him to come here. Who says so? City's top brass. When I say Pep's final destination, allow me to elaborate... City was his final destination after leaving Barca, but he stopped off at Bayern along the way. After City? Who knows where he'll go, BUT one thing I can say is that there are too many indicators to the contrary for Pep to be here just to honour his 3 year contract.

All the rumours of Pep to City was pure conjecture up until it was announced Pep was actually coming to City. Even KHR stated there was NO WAY Guardiola would leave a club like Bayern to consider managing a club 'Like City'! But he was proved wrong. In coming here, Pep proved all the rumours were true and that Bayern was indeed a staging post on Pep's journey to Manchester. I can imagine this is hard for you to swallow, but unfortunately, you'll have to accept this version of events unless you have an alternative theory you'd like to present.

Finally, in my previous post I said 'Let's revisit this in 12 months time' not in 'Years'. If 12 months pass and Guardiola doesn't extend his contract, then I'll happily admit that my gut feeling based on all the evidence in front of me was wrong.