Neville/Giggs's plans for Manchester city centre.

Why the fuck didn't they chose Salford instead?

I bet the fuckers have big rag badges filed to them.

Awful buildings that will look totally out of place, but then we live in a city with the monstrosity that is the Beetham Tower dominating the skyline and looking absolutely shit whilst doing it so there's form for this kind of architectural vandalism.

The scheme includes a 200-bed five-star hotel, 153 apartments, 135,000 sq ft of Grade A offices and a synagogue.

is someone on the planning permission board jewish ,haha ,I would say this has already been approved hence the synagogue

There is already a synagogue there which they are knocking down as part of the wrecking ball development so are having to provide a replacement. They are also demolishing the Abercromby pub which has long been a historic drinking hole and the old Bootle St police station which would make for a great refurbishment.
The design, character, height and size is so out of place in this particular location. The last time there was this amount of demolition in central Manchester was during the blitz! Most Cities fight tooth and nail to hold onto their historic centres, not here, one little sniff of money and our city fathers are scrambling to sell their souls.

So much for Neville's 'eco' leanings. I was expecting a couple of yurts with the Family Man giving lectures in 'Free Love' outside.

Problem with these sorts of buildings is that unless there's a real cluster of them in a small area, they look daft and spoil the surrounding area. As for the buildings themselves, I'm not a fan of the brown divisions between floors - looks like a 70s carpark.

Also, are they just the face of this or do they have £200m to throw around?!

The scheme includes a 200-bed five-star hotel, 153 apartments, 135,000 sq ft of Grade A offices and a synagogue.

is someone on the planning permission board jewish ,haha ,I would say this has already been approved hence the synagogue

The synagogue is to replace the synagogue that will be knocked down to make way for the development rather the result of some weird Jewish conspiracy.

That aside, those towers are horrendous. I'm all for the idea of them trying to develop that part of town but I don't know why it seems to be so difficult to design a tall building that isn't a complete eyesore. In addition, I think the city centre is massively short on green spaces and i'm also not sure the proposed development actually offers all that much to your average Mancunian.

The BBC article makes out like the Rags, as a good gesture, allowed Homeless to temporarily live in one of their buildings when in reality people were already sleeping rough in them and when police notified the building owner, he avoided PR disaster by not evicting them.

They proceed to attempt to build this £200m project that will have highly expensive apartments which hardly anybody from the local areas would be able to afford, except lottery winners, and certainly not any homeless/shelter desperate people.

I don't mind who's behind the project, my issue is with the big demand for affordable housing yet I don't hear about these buildings being built... Only big plush buildings full of exciting expensive apartments that will be majorally bought by wealthy Chinese who increasingly populate our city centre.

Problem with these sorts of buildings is that unless there's a real cluster of them in a small area, they look daft and spoil the surrounding area. As for the buildings themselves, I'm not a fan of the brown divisions between floors - looks like a 70s carpark.

Also, are they just the face of this or do they have £200m to throw around?!
They're just the face of it, their net worth combined is about a quarter of that figure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.