New home shirt (confirmed)

I was about to post that I didn't notice the England shirts sticking to the players like ours do but suppose that's due to effort.

Ignoring the colours which has now been done to death and the 2 prices Nike are charging fans the actual suitability of the shirt is also shite.
It was clearly evident yesterday just before he was subbed off bony was clearly trying to stop the shirt sticking to him,bet the shirt soaked in sweat on a cold day will be awful to wear for the players

It was clearly evident yesterday just before he was subbed off bony was clearly trying to stop the shirt sticking to him,bet the shirt soaked in sweat on a cold day will be awful to wear for the players
I thought he was adjusting the bra monitor thing he was wearing,he was fiddling with it like us ladies do our bra's lol

Wish there was time for us to say 'NO, WE ARE NOT WEARING THAT GARBAGE....' and find someone to knock up a kit that is fit and proper for Manchester City. Honestly, given 5 minutes I and most others could come up with 3 kits that would look great and sell in good numbers, home kit a piece of piss.....It may not matter to some but this is very important to me and I think what we have is an absolute disgrace. I know it won't make any difference but whoever signed this monstrosity off needs to be asked some serious questions

No manufacturer is different – Nike gave the rags templates, Adidas have given the rags templates (look at last season) – the main difference is that whilst they do that, they keep their core colour combination untouched. This season, for example, we have been given the template most teams have been given - same shirt and short colour, different sock colour... but I guarantee the Rags would not have got that template - or if they did, the shorts would be white and the socks black.

All I want is a constistent kit - a fixed identity... if that's sky blue shirts, shorts and socks so be it... just fucking stick to it!!!
That's what we've got. Sky, navy and white. Admittedly it's upside down and I'm not defending nike and their technology bollocks, but it's still City. It's the cheap arse material and stickers for a badge that does my nut.

Only positive and it's a small positive is that the home socks dont stick out as not being part of the kit unlike the away with the yellow socks or England's 2 kits

Still shite kit though

Aeroswift, engineered for speed (never mind looking like a wet twat wearing it, and anyone can run just as fast in a polo shirt as they could wearing that...) I could run just as fast (slow) in a top hat and tails as a football "Aeroswift" shirt. It's bollocks. As a shirt i don't mind it, branding just like 3 stripes of adidas i don't like. We're not Portugal, England, Paris, we're City, we deserve better than a generic template. And the colouring is gash. The material is wank. These are the issues for me over the aesthetics. If Umbro did the same shirt but to their quality, I'd probably have one.

It was 35 degrees C (nearly 100 degrees Fahrenheit) so you wonder why the players shirts were covered in sweat!!? The idea behind the technology is that it wicks the sweat away from the skin hence why the shirt looks darker. The downside is the aesthetic of the shirt suffers, but it's not an argument against the technology in the shirt. Fortunately the players won't be playing in 100 degree heat most of the time so that issue won't be as acute.

Only positive and it's a small positive is that the home socks dont stick out as not being part of the kit unlike the away with the yellow socks or England's 2 kits

Still shite kit though
I think the exact opposite—the socks look like we forgot the actual matching socks and had to visit the opposition's club shop.

It was 35 degrees C (nearly 100 degrees Fahrenheit) so you wonder why the players shirts were covered in sweat!!? The idea behind the technology is that it wicks the sweat away from the skin hence why the shirt looks darker. The downside is the aesthetic of the shirt suffers, but it's not an argument against the technology in the shirt. Fortunately the players won't be playing in 100 degree heat most of the time so that issue won't be as acute.

I'm in 37°C heat here in Thailand and sweating like hell when out on the streets yet none of my shirts are suddenly 5 shades darker. Even had last years top on and it's stays the same.
The kit is just shite- shite design-shite/wrong shade of blue-shite sleeves-shite shorts-Shite material. Just a bag of shite.

Only saving grace is the badge and the people playing in it

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.