New Kompany Calf Injury?

Nothing confirmed but can't blame people fearing the worst considering.

We played all last season without him so its nothing new most will depend this season what we do at the other end. I see our goals against column to be vastly better by having a better keeper in net regardless of weather Vinny plays or not.

I'm afraid if vinny can't see he needs to step away from international football his career at city is coming to a sad end

Pep will ship him out

regardless if this proves to be a minor issue or even if he plays saturday, we certainly needed another centre half this season and a top rate one at that.

You reckon? Admittedly, at this point I'd rather have had Evans than nobody but I think what we actually needed wasn't a fourth choice CB but someone genuinely good enough to step in for Kompany for long periods of the season. This particular "knock" might end up being something and nothing but by not prioritising CB at all during the window we have left ourselves completely at the mercy of Kompany's calf muscles this season. At some point it is very likely that it will be a big problem and the most annoying thing is that it wasn't exactly hard to predict. Still, at least we gave spending pots of cash on another attacker a good go, right to the very end of the window.

Nope not hard to predict at all, we have all known it for a long time, I am sure Pep knows but I dont think he prioritises it more than us just scoring more and putting games to bed before the opposition even put us under pressure. Pressure is the big thing for us I reckon at the moment, we fold under it at the back and the front. Evans if nothing else can handle the pressure and do the right thing, he knows the prem and the intensity, he has the experience in the prem, he fits right in at any time.

Sanchez at the other end would have been an option too to relieve the pressure by just scoring those goals and finishing the games, but that got screwed by Arsenal.

I'm afraid if vinny can't see he needs to step away from international football his career at city is coming to a sad end

Pep will ship him out
Here we go again, City players no use fuck em off....... No he wont, he is lifeblood of City in the dressing room, on the pitch, blue blood runs through his viens, we re not going to get rid of that

I presume that Vinny wants to go to the World Cup next summer but surely then, with his age and injury record, his Belgium career will come to an end. Didn't they qualify in this round of matches? If so, hopefully they'll help us out by using him sparingly in the dead rubbers and friendlies to come between now and the end of the season.

You reckon? Admittedly, at this point I'd rather have had Evans than nobody but I think what we actually needed wasn't a fourth choice CB but someone genuinely good enough to step in for Kompany for long periods of the season. This particular "knock" might end up being something and nothing but by not prioritising CB at all during the window we have left ourselves completely at the mercy of Kompany's calf muscles this season. At some point it is very likely that it will be a big problem and the most annoying thing is that it wasn't exactly hard to predict. Still, at least we gave spending pots of cash on another attacker a good go, right to the very end of the window.

The thing is, we KNOW this & we KNEW this & so did Pep, he said so.

It doesn't actually matter directly whether Kompany plays v Liverpool, we have got this, every game, until at least January, possibly until May, because we have chosen to gamble on our main cb being fit, when he has never actually been consistently fit.

It's fucking stupid.

I presume that Vinny wants to go to the World Cup next summer but surely then, with his age and injury record, his Belgium career will come to an end. Didn't they qualify in this round of matches? If so, hopefully they'll help us out by using him sparingly in the dead rubbers and friendlies to come between now and the end of the season.

They played him 90 mins against Gibraltar, they could have played that match with no defenders and still won, they clearly have never shared our concerns about overplaying him.

I think you're right about retiring after the world cup, in fact I'd like to think that David Silva, Aguero and maybe Fernandinho will all look at next year as their natural international retirement stage

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.