New Premier League "Playmaker" Award

Me personally, he’s impact for his debut full season has been unbelievable- he’s more than just a finisher, he’s creative play, link up, awareness and speed has been unreal.
Liverpool would have struggled for top 4 without him.
Before the champions league match I was labelled a WUM for stating he’s nailed on - since that match most on here saying he deserves it. Fickle game.

To be objective about this, my old friends at whoscored.com rank Salah as fourth best player so far this season in the league. KDB is of course top. That's because he is the best player in the league and he makes a bigger overall contribution to his side than Salah does. Crucially, KDB's contribution has led his team to a title procession.

You opinion is as shite as much of the music you post about :-)

I'm going to say - not specifically to you - the kind of thing I usually avoid but anyone who thinks Salah is more deserving of POTY than KDB really does not understand football sufficiently well. Salah might win games but KDB runs games that his team win.

Ah well, if you wanted to give it for key passes, Ozil is just ahead of Kev!

I Think Kev should be able to rightly seal this award unless Pep decides to rest him completely.

I meant that 'assists' removes context. The last but one pass is often the creating play.

Unless Silva goes crazy, I can't see anyone picking up 4 or 5 in the remaining matches.

To be objective about this, my old friends at whoscored.com rank Salah as fourth best player so far this season in the league. KDB is of course top. That's because he is the best player in the league and he makes a bigger overall contribution to his side than Salah does. Crucially, KDB's contribution has led his team to a title procession.

You opinion is as shite as much of the music you post about :-)

I'm going to say - not specifically to you - the kind of thing I usually avoid but anyone who thinks Salah is more deserving of POTY than KDB really does not understand football sufficiently well. Salah might win games but KDB runs games that his team win.

then that applies to half the forum posters.

then that applies to half the forum posters.

Yeah, well, while I'm being an ass, I think it is true of an awful lot of people who watch football; including many of my Blue Brothers. Not that I think I have any sort of special understanding: I'm well aware of my own limitations in that regard but I have to back my own opinions.

Extended assists are an interesting statistic but not widely available, unfortunately.

Oh, i agree. I detest 'assists' as they are used now for the Pogba-related examples given above.
A five yard pass which someone then smashes in from 40 yards still counts, and that's rubbish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.