New Premier League "Playmaker" Award

Oh, i agree. I detest 'assists' as they are used now for the Pogba-related examples given above.
A five yard pass which someone then smashes in from 40 yards still counts, and that's rubbish.

I love stats and I often refer to the whoscored.com rankings but one of the counters to their usefulness has to be how well Pogba scores.

I have referred to extended assists in the past to demonstrate how valuable to the team Yaya was.

I love stats and I often refer to the whoscored.com rankings but one of the counters to their usefulness has to be how well Pogba scores.

I have referred to extended assists in the past to demonstrate how valuable to the team Yaya was.

Fair enough. There's been a significant lurch towards stats without context in the last few years (not least because you can cook something up to support an opinion and blind many people to the idiocy of the logic).

Silva must score pretty highly on the extended assist concept.

Sounds like they’ll fudge KDB for this and
Salah for POTY.

Just thinking the same... looks like they have plucked it from thin air to appease the intelligent football fan when they give Sala the poty...
If KDB wins Poty then surly he wins this too. Where as Sala realisticly couldent win both..
they can stick it up there arses if kdb don't get both..

Fair enough. There's been a significant lurch towards stats without context in the last few years (not least because you can cook something up to support an opinion and blind many people to the idiocy of the logic).

Silva must score pretty highly on the extended assist concept.

I'm sure Silva does. Unfortunately, I don't know where you can get access to extended assist stats without being an Opta user. I have got a copy of an article about the season Chelsea last won league under Maureen (14/15?) which was all about the limitations of the flat assists figure. In that particular season, Hazard was way out front on extended assists (last five touches before a goal). Yaya was actually second (despite the world and DD saying he did little that season) and Merlin was fourth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.