New Striker In January?

Scored 22 goals in his first season, but something stinks that they have cancelled his contract

Yea. His agent hasn't exactly been beating clubs off with a stick. I guess whatever it is, it is known in the game. Shame. He was pretty good for that season.

No don't need one. We are top on goal difference. Strikers are doing their job. More Nacho that's what's needed. And less injuries.

Agreed. We have over £100 mill of players on the flank though, not including Nasri or Navas. Still a big ask to get someone to come compete with Sterling and KDB for a starting place. Or Silva behind the striker for that matter.
Indeed. For me it seems Nasri is on the way out anyway, leaving us with Silva, KdB, Sterling & Navas to fill 3 spots behind the striker. 1 injury (as we always seem to have at least) leaves us with no back up - so I don't think we're over stocking that area by any means, we only have 2 wingers in our squad with Sterling/Navas; Nasri, KdB & Silva are all best at the 10 spot, so a player who can do the winger/striker role would be perfect for us in my opinion.

It's not a question of over stocking. It's a question of expecting world class players to come and be prepared to sit on the bench.

The only option at this time is Falcao and there will not be a rush to sign him in January.

shouldn't get another striker got forwards on the bench and in the eds, just fucking play them for fuck sake. At the end of the day with toure, de bruyne, sterling and silva, they should be getting goals between them so what does it matter if we put Roberts or Ihanecho up front.

The issue we face is what happened yesterday & potentially how many times it could happen from now till the end of the season. We came out in the second half with a higher tempo without a recognised striker on the pitch, for all Sterling & De Bruyne's worth we cannot rely on them to continue to win us games.
I dont want to see Kelechi's development hampered with us bringing in another striker but if we dont - we could find ourselves in a position where points are lost and games are thrown away. I would be in favour of a loan move until the end of the season or bringing in an experienced striker on a short deal to give us that cover that undoubtedly we are going to need a few more times this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.