NFL Playoffs 2017

This is the ultimate victory for the patriots, for Tom Brady and for other things. It cannot get better than this. As for the falcons, they will have to try again next time but in football there are no guarantees.

Just no.

He's been utterly spectacular all season and even more so in the playoffs. You don't fluke MVP.

Shanahan got too cute, you're welcome to him in San Fran.

The balls on their 22 yard line with just over two mins to go and KS calls for the pass; he went full Pete Carroll.
Feel bad for you.

I hated Shanahan when he was OC of the Texans and was glad to see the back of him. Those pass play calls when runs were called for were incredibly dumb, but teams always seem to do that against the Patriots.

The greatest of all time - The G.O.A.T. - Tom Brady. He needed a little help tonight but they all do. It's still a team game. But only he could have pulled this comeback off.
Greatest QB and coach ever. No question.
Yeah I live here. 4 miles from Gillette Stadium. So an early morning City win and end of day SB win. Pretty fuckin sweet ...:)

I turned off at about 2:15 i think as it was clearly the worst super bowl id ever watched. Put the news on this morning to see how many points Atlanta had actuall scored, still can't believe that score, really did not see that coming. The Pats were so bad in those first 3 quaters, i really thought there was no chance.

That was a spectacular unraveling by the Falcons. Very disappointing. I don't really want to see NE win anything, so meh.

As a Jets fan I don't want to admit those two c__ts are the greatest but as a duo, but they are. Do fellow City fans not want to admit that Ol' Baconface is the greatest? I don't know that discussion, but I know that Belicheck is the greatest pure coach in NFL history. You can take any player and BB will make him play like a demon..... He has a system, a fundamental approach for looking at everything and he is the best game day coach as well. I still think Peyton is better than Brady when it comes to ability and preparation, but he doesn't have the numbers. Screw both those aholes.

If we'd have ran the ball on their 22, we win; simple.

Defence justifiablly ran out of steam, they were on the field all day.

Gutting.

Yep. Thing is, you'd already done the brave, aggressive stuff by getting to their 22 in what was an amazing drive. To keep throwing it from there was suicidal.

But as PLLK says the Patriots are just a different breed. They were horrendous for three quarters but they're just never beaten. It's quite brilliant.

That catch from Julian Edelman was unbelievable.

About time The Pats got a catch like that especially after the same thing happened to them three times in previous superbowls

Part of Belicheck's genius is his use of receivers. You look at Brady's receivers and outside of Randy Moss for a while, they've been pedestrian at best. The rest of the league is looking for huge wideouts that can beat bump and run corners, run go routes and create separation. Bill is mixing and matching with small possession types that can get catches in tight windows and struggle for extra yards. He's also adapted the best parts of systems like the spread offense and made it his own. That's genius.

Part of Belicheck's genius is his use of receivers. You look at Brady's receivers and outside of Randy Moss for a while, they've been pedestrian at best. The rest of the league is looking for huge wideouts that can beat bump and run corners, run go routes and create separation. Bill is mixing and matching with small possession types that can get catches in tight windows and struggle for extra yards. He's also adapted the best parts of systems like the spread offense and made it his own. That's genius.
Been following the Pats since 85 and all there Superbowl wins seem to have been really close. Its just like Gillingham & QPR again- not surprising Ive been on blood pressure tablets for nearly 20 yrs! Why is my teams never do anything the easy way?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.