Nirvana

mackenzie

Love them? Or hate them.

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dXO3OMGKPpw&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" target="_blank">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dXO3OMGKP ... re=related</a>

Teen Spirit.

Makes me chuckle a bit when the likes of 4HB reckon that some of us over 35 year olds just say we like them in order to sound trendy.
Nirvana was the group that threw all of the late 80's/early 1990's crap out of the window. They were sublime. They eradicated much of the posturing shite that was in abundance at that time and they had a lead singer who was, imho, quite the most enigmatic man of his generation.

Such a pity that he succumbed to his innner demons. But, I sometimes wonder if he had not been the man he was whether Nirvana would have been the band that they were.

Kurt's vulnerability play a big part in why I have always liked them. A man that was of my generation (he would have been over 40 now I think) and a genius that is sadly missed.

One of my first genuine musical loves, that wasnt something me dad played in the car.

You kind of alluded to it there, but it's like you say, since Jimi Hendrix 20 years earlier, rock was all about who had the technically 'best' guitarist, primarily. In one fell swoop Kurt Cobain took all of that and kaiboshed that forever.

He so wanted to be cool and as legendary as the people he looked up to before him. Sadly, his fans and trendy followers helped towards his death by making him pop.

As I have said before in many a Nirvana thread on here, try listening to other artists from the genre before labelling him some sort of God.

goat boy said:
One of my first genuine musical loves, that wasnt something me dad played in the car.

You kind of alluded to it there, but it's like you say, since Jimi Hendrix 20 years earlier, rock was all about who had the technically 'best' guitarist, primarily. In one fell swoop Kurt Cobain took all of that and kaiboshed that forever.

He had it all, didn't he?

Didn't give a shit either.

The day he died I just knew that, musically, life would never be the same without him....the little fook up.

It was my Son who really got me into Nirvana. He was 10 and I was 28. He had this bloody CD that he kept playing over and over again. I was hooked from about 1992.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.