Northern Rail fine.......

From the site cited above:

6.1 Where appropriate Arriva Rail North Limited will seek to divert young people away from the Criminal Justice System. However in applying this policy we will not compromise on the safety of our passengers and our employees. This aspect of a case involving a young person will form part of our consideration when applying the public interest test.

No fine yet,just asking me to confirm details of journey etc then expect I will get one.
He obviously had a ticket from where he got on to where he said he got on. I'm assuming he then got a call saying it'd be best if he carried on to Manchester. He then threw first ticket away, as no longer valid? At least, that's what has happened to me before.....

Usually by the station the dodger has nominated.
Fr'instance if at Victoria they said got on at Eccles (manned station) when they got on at Patricroft (further away but unmanned) they would be challenged on that.

Yes but what I mean is, at Victoria just tell them you came from an unmanned station. How would they know different?

Yes but what I mean is, at Victoria just tell them you came from an unmanned station. How would they know different?
If the unmanned station is closer to Vic than the one you boarded at then you could do that but sometimes they'll send staff to those stations to catch out dodgers.
For example if there are staff there and a dodger turns up claiming to have boarded at that station then they are guilty of fare evasion and fraud so punishment would be harsher.

I thought it was all free anyway. Everytime I come over I can't for the life figure out who or where I'm supposed to pay.
Wilmslow to Piccadilly and the metro to media City and back for two.

The fine is about 100 quid boss + the cost of the train ticket. I lost mine once and got given an ioweyou, promptly forgot about such a trivial matter and found it not so trivial when they reminded me i have 3 days to pay or it is indeed going to court. Rare are the days when i will sprint full pelt to any government office but i did when i opened that letter,i could not pay it fast enough.

Shit in his sock draw, seems a reasonable response tbh.

We always used to just give false names and addresses until one fateful day my mate had a brain freeze and gave mine to which I retaliated by giving his.

Still heard nothing more about it.

Not surprised people fare dodge, National Rail are putting the tickets up again.... From Gatley to Manchester return will now be £5, I get the train from Heald Green so no doubt will end up being about £5.20..... 3 times in 9 months they've put the fair up, then kick off when no one pays.

Last edited:
A short clear reply is best.
If they already have proof of his fare evasion (as you indicate), then apologise, accept responsibility and offer to pay any admin costs Northern have incurred. They will almost certainly accept this for a first offence under their failure to pay scheme and it'll be an £80 fine. All out of court and just between you and the company.

Not surprised people fair dodge, National Rail are putting the tickets up again.... From Gatley to Manchester return will now be £5, I get the train from Heald Green so no doubt will end up being about £5.20..... 3 times in 9 months they've put the fair up, then kick off when no one pays.
What an incredibly bizarre attitude and point of view.No one enjoys fair increases but that is the literally the price you have to pay to use their service.If that's not for you,get a bike.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.