Official : Leicester have SACKED Claudio Ranieri

C5YG-4uXUAA2A5r.jpg

From last years Champions to singing this after Sevilla game? Yeah nothing dodgy going on last year...

No im not.Met a couple of peops at City who are not all they seem,dare not say the other as think it would break your heart :).Just my opinion gathered over a number of days.

As long as City are winning I dont care but image is everything.

What I will say is that Kidd,Chapman,Aguero and Zabba are different class.Genuine "what you see is what you get" types.
I've met Pelle loads of times, true gent in my opinion, come on spill the beans

The so-called conspiracy theories originated elsewhere and not from City fans so your point is completely irrelevant. Do you actually think that it's only City fans, let alone only this forum, that are talking about this? I suggest you have a read of the Football is Fixed blog before being so dismissive.

I'll add that pretty much every City fan preferred Leicester to win the title last season over United, Arse, Spurs, or Liverpool so none of this is down to bitterness. It's just that some people think there may be something "not quite right" about a 5000-1 shot winning the English Premier League title.

I've read the blog, in my opinion it's simply one deeply delusional man trying to sell a book. Should we all accept it as the gospel?

I've not stated that any of the paranoia on blue moon is bitterness. It's just a really paranoid forum, as bad or worse than RAWK for victim mentality and seeking out stuff that's not there. Please quote me accurately if you're calling me out.

I've read the blog, in my opinion it's simply one deeply delusional man trying to sell a book. Should we all accept it as the gospel?

I've not stated that any of the paranoia on blue moon is bitterness. It's just a really paranoid forum, as bad or worse than RAWK for victim mentality and seeking out stuff that's not there. Please quote me accurately if you're calling me out.

I'm not expecting anyone to take it as gospel but there are actually some damn good observations by the author where you can't blame people for thinking there is something dodgy going on.

That's not paranoia. In any case, take Leicester out of the equation - do you believe that football is totally "clean"? Because if you do, that would be utterly delusional. Besides which, there's paranoia on every football forum, not just this one and RAWK. I'd actually say that this forum is one that is more representative of match-going fans than most others so you're going to get the full cross-section of our support base posting on here - the decent ones, the not so decent ones, the ones you can have a pint with, and the whoppers you'd avoid like the plague.

Last edited:
I'm kind of getting a bit sick now of this media circus surround his sacking. I know he by no means represents the anti-sacking position, but hearing Paul Merson blabber on incoherently about how much of a 'disgrace' the sacking was just summed it all up for me; pundits and the media commenting on it from their bandwagon.

For me, it's very simple. They were just above the relgation zone (and are now in it), having not scored in the league in 2017 and playing atrociously. They were in free-fall. Last season was fantastic for them, but that was last season - it's in the past now. I'm sure if you had offered any Leicester fan (or indeed fans of most clubs) a PL win followed by relegation the next year then they would take it, but I reckon most would feel very differently now, and rightly so.

Last summer they lost arguably their best player to Chelsea despite winning the league, so just think how many of their best players would leave if they got relegated. It's all very well people saying that it was unfair on Ranieri but if it was their club then I reckon they would feel very differently. There's no room for sentiment in football when so much is at stake - and relegation is a big deal for the prospects and prosperity of a club (remember it's not just about players; there are staff who work there, too - ordianry people whose jobs would be threatened).

They had to act now to give themselves a chance of saving themselves, and they have.

As for Ranieri, he's obviously a nice guy and did very well, but overall his track record is quite poor. Last year was a big exception on his CV. I don't recall many of the pundits or press saying that Mancini's sacking was a disgrace when he was sacked after winning the league and then finishing second with an FA Cup Final, and he was a far better manager than Ranieri.

I'm kind of getting a bit sick now of this media circus surround his sacking. I know he by no means represents the anti-sacking position, but hearing Paul Merson blabber on incoherently about how much of a 'disgrace' the sacking was just summed it all up for me; pundits and the media commenting on it from their bandwagon.

For me, it's very simple. They were just above the relgation zone (and are now in it), having not scored in the league in 2017 and playing atrociously. They were in free-fall. Last season was fantastic for them, but that was last season - it's in the past now. I'm sure if you had offered any Leicester fan (or indeed fans of most clubs) a PL win followed by relegation the next year then they would take it, but I reckon most would feel very differently now, and rightly so.

Last summer they lost arguably their best player to Chelsea despite winning the league, so just think how many of their best players would leave if they got relegated. It's all very well people saying that it was unfair on Ranieri but if it was their club then I reckon they would feel very differently. There's no room for sentiment in football when so much is at stake - and relegation is a big deal for the prospects and prosperity of a club (remember it's not just about players; there are staff who work there, too - ordianry people whose jobs would be threatened).

They had to act now to give themselves a chance of saving themselves, and they have.

As for Ranieri, he's obviously a nice guy and did very well, but overall his track record is quite poor. Last year was a big exception on his CV. I don't recall many of the pundits or press saying that Mancini's sacking was a disgrace when he was sacked after winning the league and then finishing second with an FA Cup Final, and he was a far better manager than Ranieri.
Agree completely with this. Winning the league doesn't give him a free pass to completely fuck up the following season. All he had to do was have them coasting along in midtable but they were only heading one way under Ranieri.

And when players stop playing for the manager, that's ultimately a failure in the way they've been managed. It's literally in the job description of being a football manager so perhaps he should have been a bit more flexible in his approach to them.

They've been moaning about it off the record for long enough now, so why didn't he listen? Maybe he thought he was bulletproof. Funny how things work out!

I think it's undeniable that they were treated well by referees last year. Whether the officials were instructed to do so or just did it out of sentiment is another argument.

The so-called conspiracy theories originated elsewhere and not from City fans so your point is completely irrelevant. Do you actually think that it's only City fans, let alone only this forum, that are talking about this? I suggest you have a read of the Football is Fixed blog before being so dismissive.

I'll add that pretty much every City fan preferred Leicester to win the title last season over United, Arse, Spurs, or Liverpool so none of this is down to bitterness. It's just that some people think there may be something "not quite right" about a 5000-1 shot winning the English Premier League title.

I totally agree with you and if we can't win the title this season then I hope the Chavs do it, anyone but Spuds, Gooners, Rags or Dippers.

I'm sure I read somewhere that a cycling coach was involved in "training", and Jamie Vardies "sprained wrist" always being in a plaster cast might be hiding something, allegedley.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.