Our relationship with the Champions League

So we win the trophy and celebrate a competition and organisation that we hate?
Are you actually suggesting that if City win the most prestigious club football trophy in the world you wouldn't celebrate it because you don't like UEFA?!?!

Bloody hell mate. I've heard it all now. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.

When kOmpany lifts that big famous trophy I wont care if it was organised by bOris Johnson, Osama Bin Ladin and Donald bleeding Trump in a consortium.

good thread.

My feelings on Eufa have not shifted, they have gone worse the more we look into the goings on etc. I would be typing for the next hour if I was to explain what I mean, petty, selfish, corrupt are just a few things that spring to mind.

I can only see it getting worse across europe, the big clubs groups of fans quite regularly express their feelings towards eufa but all that happens is they fine the club, tighten the belt on the rest of us fans and dont actually look in to the issue at all. The more eufa ignore the fans the stronger the protests will go.

Ive always wanted city to win the competition, that has never changed, as a supporter you want your club to win what is classed as big time. I dont rate winning the CL as good as winning the PL, but would chose this season to win the CL as we have not won it before and it is the clubs ambition.

On pep saying don't boo. For me this guy can do no wrong, fully respect his decisions. On this though he does not fully understand the feelings the fans have about Eufa and the history behind it so i understand why he says this, bit the booing goes on I'm afraid.
Martin Samuel has often defended City fans actions, in one column explaining to Pep the reasons why.

I do though think referees and probably our own players may be effected by it, to our detrement. I remember camel gob saying he loved it when the anthem started and that the hairs on the back of his head stood up, lifted him for the game. What do our players and the ref get? Negativity, which often is reflected in the performances of both.

The way I see it is , if the booing might effect the performance of the ref or our players, in even the slightest way , don't do it. So I don't do it.

Martin Samuel has often defended City fans actions, in one column explaining to Pep the reasons why.

I do though think referees and probably our own players may be effected by it, to our detrement. I remember camel gob saying he loved it when the anthem started and that the hairs on the back of his head stood up, lifted him for the game. What do our players and the ref get? Negativity, which often is reflected in the performances of both.

The way I see it is , if the booing might effect the performance of the ref or our players, in even the slightest way , don't do it. So I don't do it.

We've only been booing the anthem since the Bayern Munich home game in the 2014-15 Champions League season where BOTH sets of fans joined in because of the blatant disregard shown by UEFA to both City and Bayern fans who had spent a fortune travelling to Moscow, only to be locked out of CSKA's ground through no fault of our fans or Bayern's. We went on to win that game 3-2 courtesy of Sergio's hat-trick. Last season we reached the semi-finals in spite of us routinely booing the anthem at both home and away games in the CL, and last night booing the anthem didn't seem to do us much harm. Incidentally, the Barca fans routinely jeer the anthem too for their own reasons and I don't see it affecting their players too often.

Now have a look at our CL displays before we started booing the anthem. There were many shit performances and the CSKA home game (the last home match before we started booing) in particular was, IMO, the most inept City display since the takeover when you factor in the supposed quality of the players we had out on the pitch that night so I think we can safely say that it has little to no effect on the way our team performs.

So we beat Barca and suddenly the competition is the best thing ever? I'd like us to win it but it's still run by a corrupt exclusive club that has done nothing but try and fuck us over ever since we entered it.

Then winning it would be the best way to say 'Fuck you you bent bastards we beat you".

Absolutely and I'd love us to win it more so because I think some of our players deserve to win it at least once in their careers but I'm not gonna start sucking UEFA and their dodgy competition off just cos we beat Barca.

So we beat Barca and suddenly the competition is the best thing ever? I'd like us to win it but it's still run by a corrupt exclusive club that has done nothing but try and fuck us over ever since we entered it.
Then winning it would be the best way to say 'Fuck you you bent bastards we beat you".
Precisely.

As I said earlier, I don't like the FA, but I want us to win the FA cup as often as possible.

I don't boo their jingle, but I have no issue with anyone that does, especially those who went to Moscow, both City and bayern fans.

I quite like the derision and contempt we show through the booing, it's what makes us interesting as fans.

I would nevertheless love it if we won the thing, partly for the silverware...but also the two fingers to UEFA

When Sterling was booked for diving, that really was me done with it. Guts and grit from our team changed my mind over the following 85 odd minutes, but if we'd gone out, having been stiched up by a bent UEFA referee against Barcelona AGAIN I'd have packed the competition in and saved my money. It's not the best thing ever, but we beat Barcelona and the referee last night.
Let's all enjoy the moment.
And win it - And boo, if they still haven't cleaned their house up. And keep boing until they do.

It may not be this year, it may not be next year, but we are getting closer.

On a side note, I think the ref did us a favour last night. Booking Sterling and not giving the pen pissed off 50,000 people so much they made one of the best atmosphere's we've had in the competition.

I love the competition and hopefully we win it. That will shut all the fuckers up.

For me football is corrupt, The FA, The Refs association & at 1 point I though the Premier League was bent. Anything to do with big money and establishment has a level of corruption, we have just learnt to accept it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.