Our relationship with the Champions League

I think it's adorable you (and others) think the CL is corrupt and the Premier League isn't.

If you are against us playing in competitions that have corruption in them, I suggest only watching the training videos put on youtube.
I never said that,i think they both are but we have 38 games to get results despite the refs.Aside from our games i watch every prem game on bt and sky and it very evident that refs are bent or bias and i have no connection to any club but ours,try it for a full season and you will see what i mean

good thread.

My feelings on Eufa have not shifted, they have gone worse the more we look into the goings on etc. I would be typing for the next hour if I was to explain what I mean, petty, selfish, corrupt are just a few things that spring to mind.

I can only see it getting worse across europe, the big clubs groups of fans quite regularly express their feelings towards eufa but all that happens is they fine the club, tighten the belt on the rest of us fans and dont actually look in to the issue at all. The more eufa ignore the fans the stronger the protests will go.

Ive always wanted city to win the competition, that has never changed, as a supporter you want your club to win what is classed as big time. I dont rate winning the CL as good as winning the PL, but would chose this season to win the CL as we have not won it before and it is the clubs ambition.

On pep saying don't boo. For me this guy can do no wrong, fully respect his decisions. On this though he does not fully understand the feelings the fans have about Eufa and the history behind it so i understand why he says this, bit the booing goes on I'm afraid.

Are you kidding me, Bill? This by a mile! So would The Sheikh and so would Pep, because it would put the club at the top table forever, which would increase our fanbase, our revenue, our status, the players we could sign etc. This would lead to many many Premier League wins.

We will win plenty of premier leagues over the next 5 years but the Champions League is the holy grail now for the whole club. The final hurdle. And if anyone doubts that this very team will, under this manager and with this owner, they are not paying attention.
hard to argue but call me naive I don't want to join that band of clubs or an association whereby the winner is "chosen" before a ball is kicked.

I never said that,i think they both are but we have 38 games to get results despite the refs.Aside from our games i watch every prem game on bt and sky and it very evident that refs are bent or bias and i have no connection to any club but ours,try it for a full season and you will see what i mean

But you've just said you don't value the Champions League because it's corrupt.

So corruption obviously isn't the reason you hate the CL if you'll happily hold the Premier League title with value, despite the fact it's corrupt as well.

The whole idea of 'being at the top table' by winning the Misnomer Cup amuses me, greatly.

Have a look at the names of the clubs who have won it.

Are Benfica considered a club of huge stature? I dont think so. Celtic? Dont make me laugh.

Feyenoord?

Ajax, Forest, Villa, PSV?

These clubs won the real thing, the European Cup, and some more than once. But that success and the status it brought is transitory, a blip.

The whole thing is now set-up to keep teams like those outside the 'elite' and I say fuck UEFA for doing that.

Yes there would be great joy in wining any trophy and the idea of sticking it to UEFA certainly appeals but as a purely sporting competition it has very little appeal.

And for those City fans like Didsbury who crave acceptance that winning the CL brings, don't be fooled. They will still demean our club and everything we hold dear.

It's also worth noting that fans of FC Brugge were disappointed that they drew Leicester City as they wanted a big club! That is where we have a problem - that UEFA and the media have spent so long building up the 'elite' clubs in order to sell the CL that they have made football fans consider the Champions of England not worthy of playing FC Brugge. Fuck UEFA and their 'elite' and fuck fans who think the Champions of England don't deserve the full measure of respect.

Nonsense.

At the time those clubs won it they were the best teams in Europe. Times change and they aren't anymore. Feel free to ask any Forest or Villa fan whether they enjoyed their 'blip'.

Do you genuinely think there is little appeal in being crowned the best team in Europe? If so I feel sorry for you.

I couldn't give a shit what any supporter of any other team says. Its not about craving acceptance from others - I want to win it for me. Fuck everyone else.

Leicester fans were disappointed in equal measure with their draw. It might be their only chance to compete in this competition and they drew the champions of Denmark, Belgium, and former champions of the competition. Why don't they deserve the same respect as the English Champions? Have you bought into the bullshit of the Premier League era?

Its the Barca's, Madrid's and United's of this world thats created the problem - not the competition.

I was never out of love with the competition just with UEFA and I will continue to boo their stupid anthem even if I end up doing it alone.

I go for the football, because I love to watch City. UEFA and their corrupt officials can go down to the fiery wastes but I will support football and boo when I want to.

Sorry if Guardiola doesn't like it but he should learn our history with that lot first!!

But you've just said you don't value the Champions League because it's corrupt.

So corruption obviously isn't the reason you hate the CL if you'll happily hold the Premier League title with value, despite the fact it's corrupt as well.
I value the league higher because i like to be champions against our domestic rivals,it gives me greater pleasure to win the title always,with the CL we have been done over many many times and it's harder to get past that with a few games instead of 38,give me the prem any day

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.