Our Wages Are Now The 4th Highest (apparently)

A bit misleading as any player signed out of contract would have any signing on fee counted as wages instead of transfer fee's. The Milner figure would impact the dippers on this basis.

Is that correct? I just can't get my head around the dippers being so high, they'be not got that many high earners surely?
It's correct, FSG also confirmed when their accounts were released that it doesn't include a payoff for Brenda, so it's ongoing wages rather than one-off payments. Unless it includes a huge signing on fee for Milner.

Call me cynical but none of the others have an umbrella company behind them to hide/absorb costs. Firstly all the non playing staff work for CFG and as such those aren't included whereas they would be at the other clubs, and it is also an opportunity to conceal certain image right payments (the legitimate ones that HMRC allow) to the players.

There is no doubt that we have made strides in reducing the wage bill but these figures aren't a fair comparison.

It would be interesting to see the CFG accounts but City are under no obligation to release those, so we'll never see them.

Call me cynical but none of the others have an umbrella company behind them to hide/absorb costs. Firstly all the non playing staff work for CFG and as such those aren't included whereas they would be at the other clubs, and it is also an opportunity to conceal certain image right payments (the legitimate ones that HMRC allow) to the players.

There is no doubt that we have made strides in reducing the wage bill but these figures aren't a fair comparison.

It would be interesting to see the CFG accounts but City are under no obligation to release those, so we'll never see them.
More fool them for not doing it the same as us then.

Pretty sure accounts for City Football Services and City Football Marketing are publicly available.

These are the two subsidiaries that had some City staff transferred to it a few years back. It's not all non playing staff as you suggest, just staff that work for all teams/clubs in the group. CFS and CFM then charge each of the clubs for their services.

It's like outsourcing a department. Totally legitimate. Manchester City shouldnt be responsible for wages of staff working for other clubs in the group, just the work done for Manchester City.

Pretty sure any attempt to hide image rights would not be allowed. AFAIK we need to lodge financial details of all subsidiaries when submitting FFP returns so unless David Gill thought he wouldnt bother this time I'm guessing it's all above board.

Bullshit. Utd aren't 6th

Our wagebill has gone down around 19m after releasing Zaba et al. Then up whatever Bernardo is on

Maybe another reason our wagebill is 'only' 4th is that the new salary pattern works with bonuses for the players when they actually achieve things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.