Our Wages Are Now The 4th Highest (apparently)

Bear in mind it's for all employees, not just the players. Liverpool have 500 on their staff, Chelsea and United have around 800 and we have 350. Spurs are only around 200.

Surprised that the rags are the top players, for some reason I assumed they would be 6th.

Man United top Premier League wage bill table, with Man City behind Liverpool

The top five wage bills in the Premier League per The Guardian are:

1. Manchester United – £232m
2. Chelsea – £224m
3. Liverpool – £208m
4. Manchester City – £198m
5. Arsenal – £195m

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/06/01...ge-bill-table-with-man-city-behind-liverpool/

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/01/premier-league-finances-club-by-club

It wasn't long ago that the fans of these other clubs were constantly taking the piss out of us and City because of our player wages. Well, I wonder what they want to say now? Especially Liverpool fans.

And as we release more of our older high earning players from the past and replace those players with younger players who earn less, our wage bill will continue to go down.

Recap.

No debt.
Income £392mill
Profit. £20.5mill
*stand corrected on those figures

That will piss arsenal fans off haha. 3mil more and look at where the clubs are in the panoramic.

Call me cynical but none of the others have an umbrella company behind them to hide/absorb costs. Firstly all the non playing staff work for CFG and as such those aren't included whereas they would be at the other clubs, and it is also an opportunity to conceal certain image right payments (the legitimate ones that HMRC allow) to the players.

There is no doubt that we have made strides in reducing the wage bill but these figures aren't a fair comparison.

It would be interesting to see the CFG accounts but City are under no obligation to release those, so we'll never see them.
There's a number of inaccuracies in your post. The accounts for CFG & the other two companies are freely available on the Companies House website.

Second, it's some non-playing staff who are paid by those companies and not all.

Third, they charge us a fee for what they do so it barely affects the bottom line. There's no rules about the percentage of wages v turnover so it really doesn't matter whether we show them in the wage figure or not.

Finally I don't know where you got the idea we pay image rights into those companies. We don't. The most likely route for those payments is to companies owned by the players themselves.

Conn, an alleged City fan, who some may think exploited the PL winning season of 2012 by rushing out his book,`Richer Than God` which he promoted with a photo of Kompany on the front about to lift the trophy, seems an interesting character. He has shown the traits of an opportunist similar to Schindler in some ways both of whom, like Owen, appear muddled as to their roots and loyalties, and he gives the impression of possibly having had his nose put out of joint at some stage. Legally qualified, analytical and forensic with undoubted talent but lets himself down with commentaries and summaries which reveal his subjective opinions. Nonetheless, his Guardian piece is worth reading.

Conn, an alleged City fan, who some may think exploited the PL winning season of 2012 by rushing out his book,`Richer Than God` which he promoted with a photo of Kompany on the front about to lift the trophy, seems an interesting character. He has shown the traits of an opportunist similar to Schindler in some ways both of whom, like Owen, appear muddled as to their roots and loyalties, and he gives the impression of possibly having had his nose put out of joint at some stage. Legally qualified, analytical and forensic with undoubted talent but lets himself down with commentaries and summaries which reveal his subjective opinions. Nonetheless, his Guardian piece is worth reading.

Opportunists are a step up from those who blindly see utd as their meal ticket. Not perfect i grant you but better than a kick in the dick, slightly. I will have a read of the article now, i assume you mean the below link?

...umm which link boss, i can't see anything obvious on their site.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.