Pablo Maffeo

He's referring to the current Girona team which reached the playoff final & by my reckoning that makes them a current top second division side. Maybe historically they might not have the same pedigree but Pablo was playing at a very decent level

Exactly. It's all relative. Zabaleta was hardly at San Lorenzo two years ago was he so that's irrelevant too. San Lorenzo were mid table when Zaba made his breakthrough.

Excellent

Just realised when I posted a compilation video on the previous page it was actually THIS one that I meant to post! Not the other. It must have autoplayed through when I was watching it and I embedded the wrong one by accident.

This one is far, far better. He's really tenacious in this. This was the one that I found really encouraging because there's some signs of his genuinely great instinct for top class defending in it. 2.37 for example, where he coolly heads the ball around the defender as he closes him down. Classy. There's little moments where he manages to nick the ball perfectly in a very Zabaleta kinda way too. Plus it really shows off his technique towards the end where he's surrounded by players and still keeps it well, or he's plucking 70 yard balls out of the air on the line perfectly. Very, very composed on the ball. It shows exactly how comfortable he is despite being very raw and incredibly young at 18.

He's already a better natural defender than Kolarov by a long, long way.

I think he might be another year away from making an impact with the 1st team though I really hope Pep gives him a look this summer.

Just realised when I posted a compilation video on the previous page it was actually THIS one that I meant to post! Not the other. It must have autoplayed through when I was watching it and I embedded the wrong one by accident.

This one is far, far better. He's really tenacious in this. This was the one that I found really encouraging because there's some signs of his genuinely great instinct for top class defending in it. 2.37 for example, where he coolly heads the ball around the defender as he closes him down. Classy. There's little moments where he manages to nick the ball perfectly in a very Zabaleta kinda way too. Plus it really shows off his technique towards the end where he's surrounded by players and still keeps it well, or he's plucking 70 yard balls out of the air on the line perfectly. Very, very composed on the ball. It shows exactly how comfortable he is despite being very raw and incredibly young at 18.

He's already a better natural defender than Kolarov by a long, long way.
Is it just me or has he picked up some serious pace to his game? Has developed a good throw in technique too which is an additional plus for the lad.

Surprised nobody's bumped this, didn't see the game myself but wholly unsurprised at the rave reviews. He has what it takes and some.

Dealt very well with Ribery, didn't always see the hype myself but very happy to have been proven wrong. Second half when he wasn't so busy dealing with a world-class left midfielder he ventured forward a bit more and looked at home there too. Great performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.